This position is responsible for the professional and efficient managing of visitors, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of clerical duties that support Informa Middle East and the operations of a professional office.
- Answer the telephone in a pleasant and professional manner and forward calls to correct person.
- Handle any queries wherever appropriate.
- Re-direct calls as appropriate, take adequate messages when required and ensure these are passed to the correct employee.
- Greet, assist and/or direct visitors.
- Make sure that the reception area is clean and tidy at all times and that it is a welcoming place for visitors to wait in.
- Review daily schedules for conference rooms and manage and maintain the meeting room booking system.
- Handle all courier pickups and log in the courier spreadsheet.
- Ensure all hand delivered documents are logged and distributed accordingly.
- When on duty, ensure reception is covered during office hours.
- Keep line manager well-informed of activities, results of efforts and problems identified/potential problems and recommend corrective actions.
- Prepare meeting rooms, organise refreshments for meetings and events as requested.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor log book, issue visitor badges)
- Order and maintain office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Monitor courier services and ensure all queries regarding packages, costs and cost codes codes are dealt with promptly and accurately; accurately coded etc.
- Process all supplier invoices in a timely manner on EFS system.
- Ensure the company directory is regularly updated and communicated to external agencies (Aramex Service)
- Provide administrative support as and when required for one off short term projects as dictated by senior management (e.g. annual events) liaising with relevant parties as required;
- Coordinate travel arrangements including the processing of visas where required, as requested by senior management.
- Compile and track information for reporting purposes.
- Continually update knowledge and skills through professional development activities.
- Perform any other duties commensurate with this role.
Qualities and skills needed for the role
- Significant reception experience in an international office environment
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and outlook
- Speaks and writes clearly and fluently in English to both individuals and groups
- Demonstrates a polite and friendly manner with a clear and precise telephone voice
- Interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don’t fit all the requirements. If you’re excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we’re looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai