As an Associate in our Credit and Transaction Management team, you will work closely with Corporate Banking (“CB”) and Global Markets Sales & Trading to support the growth of the corporate loan book and trading businesses. This will consist of managing a portfolio of diversified credit relationships within the Global Credit division of RBC Capital Markets. You will also work closely with other groups within Capital Markets and the Bank to deliver a full range of credit and banking services to multinational and other large corporate relationships.
- Develop expertise in assigned portfolio, policies, and guidelines, and provide value-added advice to internal partners
- Ensure compliance with Bank & Credit Policies.
- Ensure that the bank system correctly reflects key terms and conditions of credit agreements and other documentation for the assigned portfolio
- Manage non-trading (credit and transactional) excesses.
- Completion of ad-hoc projects and other duties (including presenting to key stakeholders) efficiently and effectively in order to support the team meeting planned and unplanned demands.
- Review and approve specific drawdown requests
- Timely preparation of (i) transaction requests (which may include but not limited to new credits, restructurings, renewals, waivers, loan documentation review, establishing lines for trading, lending, and cash management; (ii) annual facility reviews and ensuring data integrity
- Interact extensively with other functions of RBC Capital Markets, the Bank and occasionally interact with clients, legal counsel and other external contacts
- Participate in team deliverables with respect to regulatory/audit requests
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to prioritize, perform well under pressure, and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong credit and analytical skills including the ability to critically assess financial statements and other client reports to draw reasoned conclusions and recommend a course of action
- Ability to read and understand complex legal documents (Familiar with LMA standards).
- Ability to strike a balance inputting “Client First” while ensuring that internal standards are maintained and deliverables are provided
- Previous banking experience (capital markets experience preferred) with relationship management, structuring, and writing of credit proposals, credit processes, policies, risk analysis would be an asset
- Excellent written and spoken communications abilities
- Strong general PC Skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelors/University degree
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to interact at all levels within a large organization
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham, GB
Application Deadline: N/A