Job description / Role
Our client, a well-known defense entity in Abu Dhabi, is currently looking for a Range Technical Design SME (RTD SME). In this role, the job holder will responsible for applying shooting range design standards (preferably JSP403) and developing concepts, drawings and specifications of shooting ranges and material to be used. The RTD SME shall have a sound understanding of ballistic envelope of live fire training facilities and experienced in how the facilities are operated.
Other responsibilities include:
• Collect clients’ requirements and develop requirements documentation.
• Design facilities live fire safety templates.
• Designing and applying an appropriate shooting range standards to the design of the facility.
• Oversee and direct the draftsman to develop 2D and 3D designs of the facilities using appropriate software.
• Lead and guide the review of ballistic design of materials (ballistic steel, bullet catchers, lamellas, rubber, concrete and sand).
• Recommend alternate material of construction or methodologies of construction to be used at the training facilities.
• Evaluate and approve the materials used in the design of the facilities.
• Participate in value engineering exercises.
• Approve the manufacturing process of the material used for ballistic protection.
• Witness the quality control tests of ballistic material.
• Develop a quality control plan of shooting range material.
• Develop shooting range material and facilities sustainment procedures.
• Participate in shooting range safety policy development and reviews.