Majid Al Futtaim
Majid Al Futtaim Retail invites you to join us in our quest to create great moments for everyone, everyday! We are the leading shopping mall, residential communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, serving over 560 million visitors a year. For the past two decades, we have shaped the consumer landscape across the region, transforming the way people shop, live and play, while maintaining a strong sustainability track record and the largest mall in the world to attain LEED Gold EBOM Certification. We have over 40,000 team members in 15 international markets representing over 100 nationalities – all keeping the customer at the heart of everything we do. If you enjoy being BOLD, PASSIONATE and TOGETHER, then Majid Al Futtaim is the destination for you.
The Quality Manager is responsible for implementing the set standards and guidelines for quality and safety of Majid Al Futtaim Retail’s Private label products. The role holder is also responsible for proper execution of the full Private Label Quality Process (Technical Files validation, label artwork validation, Customer complaints handling, product’s Recalls and supplier’s approval Audits) to ensure Private Label Quality and Safety and compliance with legal requirements.
Role Details – Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Strategy and Planning
- Implement the private label quality and sustainability strategy and procedures for MAFR in his section.
- Ensure compliance of the private label products with the regulation and standards in line with high quality standards and guidelines.
- Follow with the commercial team the PL development plan and new launching projects
New Product development
- Following product development steps to ensure delivering of PL product as per development plan.
- Organize technical processes, collecting and processing information to meet the development schedule.
- Participate in the supplier selection committee in the new product development projects.
- Validate the technical specifications along with supportive technical documents of selected products and its compliance with applicable regulation.
- Organize for the supplier approval audit in order to approve the manufacturing sites.
- Organize the product/recipe validation through panels and lab analysis control.
- Validate all packaging information, Label artwork & print proof to ensure its compliance with applicable regulation and standards.
- Validate 1st batch production for the new launched products.
Quality Follow up & Products control
- Ensure compliance of all the existing PL products with the local regulation & following any updates.
- Managing supplier database and maintaining products files up to date
- Prepare lab analysis control plan & sampling plan for existing PL products
- Plan for supplier approval audit plan and validate audits action plan for the existing PL suppliers.
- Validate any lab non-conformity raised by the labs before send it to suppliers and validate action plan provided by suppliers.
- Monitor consumer complaints by prioritizing and drawing plans for emergency action and consumer oriented.
- Participate in the withdrawal and recall committee & follow up on the action plans.
- Participating with the possible assistance of technical consultants to the evolution of quality product positioning support
Communication and Reporting
- Coordinate reporting and communication flow at all levels externally with the supplier & internally with the other teams.
- Collaborate with the commercial team to prepare the PL development action plan and ensure timely completion of work
- Maintaining a good communication with suppliers, authorities and services providers to guarantee the professional image of the company.
- Follow up & keep updated for the regulation changes & updates.
- Prepare the monthly reports regarding the quality activities as per direction.
Human Capital Responsibilities
- Assist with the implementation of the performance management process by setting objectives, monitoring performance, and provide constructive feedback and provide inputs to senior management
- Provide mentorship for the purpose of developing a continuous talent pipeline for key roles
- Provide inputs on training needs and coordinate with the HC department to ensure facilitation of training requirements
- Develop and implement on the job-training for the team
- Provide inputs for the development of annual manpower plan
- Ensure the implementation of MAF Retail’s corporate policies and relevant procedures
- Ensure alignment of procedures in accordance with the Delegation of Authority (DOA)
- Ensure that financial aspects of the third-party services providers are adhered to the contracts and those contracts are renewed in a timely fashion.
- Propose and take necessary measures towards continuous reduction of the operational costs.
- Provide inputs on the preparation of budget when necessary
Definition of Success
- Develop PL products that meet the brand quality positioning within the defined timeline.
- Compliance with applicable standards and guidelines.
- Proper time management and multitasking capability.
- Efficient Monitoring and control plan (analysis, panel, audits) for the existing products
- Efficient handling of non-conformities (complaints, audits, lab Analysis)
- Customer satisfaction.
Other Context (if applicable):
- Ability to work in conjunction with several product managers and quality managers from other countries.
- Ability to manage meetings with manufacturers to implement effective technical actions decision.
- Knowledge in the industrial sector (Sources supplies of raw materials – manufacturing – distribution)
- Experience in R&D, regulatory compliance, new product development or Quality process associated with the development and monitoring of the products.
- Auditing skills based on the international management systems
- Ability to assess the severity of non-compliance and conduct appropriate corrective actions on time.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Personal Characteristics and Required Background:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Management or a related field (for Food role, Bachelor degree of Science / food technology / veterinary Science or equivalent) (for DPH role, Bachelor degree of Science / Chemical Engineer or equivalent)
- 3 to 5 years professional experience,
- Preferred experience in retail
- Managerial Skills
- Strong planning and organization skills with sense of priorities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.