Job description / Role
Our client, a large facilities management company is currently looking for a QHSE and Compliance Manager to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
• Manage the outputs of the QHSE Department in delivering Occupational Health & Safety, Risk Management, Compliance support to the Company, and Business Continuity.
• Act as the Management Representative for the purposes of ISO 9001 compliance
• Maintain the company Business Risk Register and to provide risk management guidance to the General Manager and the Management Team
• Act as the Compliance Manager, maintaining the company standards, legal & compliance register and to support all departments and the company to be in conformance with relevant legislation enacted and mandated requirements
• Act as the Business Continuity Manager, responsible for the establishment of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) programme, implementation, and monitoring as required by NCEMA standard
• Act as the Fire & Life Safety Manager, responsible of leading the entire team during an emergency
• Through process of instruction, training, monitoring and internal auditing to ensure the effective and efficient provision of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, and Environmental supervision for the company
• Assume responsibility for implementing and supervising the company Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental processes, ensuring that safe working practises are always maintained.
• Provide management, supervision, and guidance for the members of the QHSE Department
• Implement and monitor company Occupational Health & Safety, Environment, Quality Assurance, Business Continuity Management Systems, processes and procedures
• Ensure company’s policies, processes and procedures are in line with all regulatory and ethical standards and conform to the requirements of parent companies
• Review departmental job specific risk assessment and support in preparation of method statements
• Undertake Health, Safety and Environmental Inspections of workplaces
• Carry out and/or support in undertaking Accident/Incident investigation, analysis and reporting
• Ensure to establish emergency drill programme for the campus, evaluate the facilities management team performance, and monitor evacuation of building occupants
• Review ‘change of use’ requests for modification of building function or room usage and provide approval in line with UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice and other relevant requirements
• Ensure that company’s complies with the requirements of UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.