Job description / Role
Our client, a fast-growing printing house is currently in the search for a Printing/Publishing QC Manager to be based in Dubai Investment Park. You will be managing quality systems and resource materials dedicated to problem prevention and zero-defect reduction, overseeing the quality control team, or personally inspecting and sampling all production in various stages of work. This position has the authority to stop production on any job not being produced according to specifications.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities but not limited to:
* Ability to plan, organize, direct, control, and lead
* Analyzes press problems, stock problems, inks, and chemicals, etc to assist personnel in reaching prescribed quality standards.
* Check, analyze daily quality control reports and activity reports of quality control inspectors
* Develop and maintain Standard Operating Practices
* Determines quality standards and specifications reviews and updates specifications and standards at least yearly
* Establishes priority of work for material inspection
* Follows through on jobs in the plant which may need special handling, and which have special standards and specifications.
* Keeps up to date on quality trends and techniques through seminars and reading
* Notifies immediate supervisor in the event of a serious problem affecting quality or production
* Perform plant audits of SOP’s
* Reviews department and corporate goals with immediately superior and subordinates, at least yearly
* Spot checks work being produced in the pressroom and bindery.
* Supervises inspection of shipment of customer samples produced by the machine and hand binderies
* Understands the production workflow
* Work with vendors on quality-related issues