Qatar Foundation is seeking to recruit a Head of Environment Compliance:
- Leading the Environment team in the initiation, preparation and launching of, as well as implementation and accomplishment of all sustainable initiatives and endeavours.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable environmental regulations of the State of Qatar as well as all environmental norms that the State of Qatar is obliged to observing by virtue of being a signatory to various international environmental accords and treaties..
- Being responsible for development and implementation of the environmental policy, procedures and systems of the organization and identification of the relevant objectives for the organization’s environmental management system.
- Introducing a variety of sustainable environmental programs both in order to ensuring that all Qatar Foundation communities are exposed to sustainable development through an eco-friendly living environment during the course of their work.
- Designing and developing the environmental systems to ensure an international standard environmental performance of
- Qatar Foundation along with its constituent departments and centers, branch campuses and all type of allied establishments.
- Designing, developing and maintaining an information, education and awareness enhancement program on all the relevant environmental aspects and issues through posters, newsletters, brochures, pamphlets and other material.
- Being responsible for the general administrative duties in relation to the Qatar Foundation’s environment set-up as well as the hierarchy of relevant environment delivery systems.
- Team building and capable of interfacing at a variety of management levels.
- Knowledge of the integration of Facilities Management operations with environmental management systems and services.
- Candidates must demonstrate computer literacy with knowledge of and ability to use appropriate industry software.
- Position requires strong organizational, planning, budgeting, coordination, negotiating and scheduling skills.
- The successful candidate must have excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- A formally qualified Environment Engineer or a Masters or Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or other natural or physical science; civil, sanitary, chemical or environmental engineering, or closely related field
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal English.
- Advocacy, influencing and negotiation skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience with at least 5years in a similar senior role.
- Experienced in analyzing complex environment data with a variety of contributing and confounding factors and studying the trends there from.
- Experience with working in a major organization/ institute supervising the environment systems and services for a large organization.
Company: Qatar Foundation
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A