Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University
The Purchases and Contracts Executive assist in the purchase activities and assure purchase process is centralized, maintained and carried out in a timely and efficient manner in compliance with the University purchasing policy.
Main roles & responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and updating of purchase plans, policy and procedures in alignment with HBMSU objectives and in compliance with applicable law and regulations.
- Coordinate all administrative, contractual, and operational aspects of purchasing.
- Review and prepare requisitions, bid bonds, purchase orders, procurement expenses, contracts, Invoices, and other purchase related documents and assure they are in line with HBMSU purchasing policy and applicable law and regulations.
- Support relevant departments with quotations by preparing /advertising bids, publish award notices & inform the unsuccessful tenders.
- Maintain complete updated purchasing records, data and invoices in the system; ensure that all new partners are registered on the Partners Portal.
- Advise stakeholders on the requirements of ‘Standing Orders’ and the appropriate methods of supplier selection and fair competition.
- Support HBMSU revenue generation activities through creating and enabling an environment that facilitates and enhances all its processes as applicable.
- Adhere to local and externally relevant health and safety and information security laws and policies.
- As applicable liaises and coordinate with information security stand-up committee and TD to ensure effective implementation of security initiative.
Minimum of 2 years professional experience in a similar or related field/position.Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration or any other related field from an accredited University.Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with co-workers and superiors.Ability to use independent judgment to analyze and resolve problems.Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.Database management skills.Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.Organizing and time management skills.Ability to prepare documentation.Computer proficiency.Excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English languages.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.