Job description / Role
The Property Supervisor is responsible for managing the property professionally and oversees the operations of assigned property managed units as per Better Homes property management policy in correlation with landlords’ policies.
Other Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Update and maintain key reports, systems and advertising portals
• Maintain and audit unit files as per department procedures
• Communicate to landlords rental offers and guide them with the objective of maximizing their return on investment
• Provide comparative market analysis and advise on current market conditions
• Ensure the landlords are informed and updated promptly at all times including weekly report on viewings and property condition.
• Advise landlords and obtain approvals on any property enhancements and maintenance works
• Ensure an effective working relationship with the landlord and briefing the Portfolio Manager promptly on any significant issues arising from those contacts.
• Ensure all documents and payments have been collected from the tenant prior to the commencement of the lease and monitor rental payments
• Ensure the property is ready for viewing and occupied at all times.
• Follow department procedures including but not limited to prompt inspections, recognizing and organizing timely maintenance/renovations, strictly following/overseeing cleanliness of the property
• Liaise with inspection and supervisors for all relevant needs
• Collect payments and generate receipts for all leases
• Liaise with accounts department to process security deposit refunds for tenants
• Liaise with accounts for payments of utility bills that may be due
• Organize cheques payable for any other payments that may be due on behalf of the landlord
• Prepare tenancy contracts & documents for all leases
• Ensure contracts are signed by the landlord/ BH within a satisfactory time frame
• Supervise and oversee the work of property administrators and inspection coordinator
• Conducting any communication with landlords, tenants, clients and Better Homes staff in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ensure government standards, requirements, rules and regulations are met at all times
• Promote and cross sell other Better Homes products to Clients whenever appropriate.
• Develop and maintain an effective, long term, working relationship with Clients.
Other Company related duties that may be assigned by the Portfolio Manager that are consistent with the department and Company mandate. The performance will be evaluated based on monthly reports and spot checks by the Portfolio Manager.