Are you a urban “class A” Property Manager looking for a new opportunity? Village Green offers a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed residents’ expectations and make a distinct difference in people’s lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to create “best in class” apartment communities! As the Property Manager, you will manage all facets of the apartment community operations to achieve financial goals and ownership objectives while following Village Green policies, all applicable laws and ordinances including Fair Housing and Equal Employment laws.
**MUST HAVE PRIOR “Class A” EXPERIENCE**
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops a monthly marketing plan for the property in conjunction with Area Director. Establishes weekly leasing goals in order to achieve budgeted occupancy levels. Oversees outside marketing to major employers on a weekly basis. Maintains detailed knowledge of market and sub-market through networks established/maintained with significant competitors
- Recruits, hires, train, evaluate and appropriately discipline all on-site employees. Conducts timely employee reviews and ensures adequate/appropriate staffing
- Schedules, coordinates and supervises all staff/department activities. Approves and submits timesheets to payroll including overtime and vacation schedules
- Maintains and enhances relations with prospects, residents, staff, and vendors
- Prepares and implements a property-operating budget. Maintains and control property income in addition to expenses. Completes required reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly leasing, variance and capital reporting
- Performs monthly review and audit of financial prelims
- Oversees Accounts Receivable ensuring rents and all other applicable fees are billed and collected. Ensures that collection and demand notices are generated, delivered and/or posted as required by local laws. Initiates and oversees the eviction process working with the attorney if needed to ensure timeliness and desired results
- Endorses, posts, and makes bank deposits daily
- Negotiates develops and maintains all service and capital improvement contracts per company guidelines
- Oversees all service and capital contracts for timeliness and workmanship. Maintains required certificates of insurance
- Oversees/completes computerized accounting functions for accuracy and timeliness. Including SODA refunds and interest payments
- Performs regular property inspections for cleanliness, curb appeal, and to ensure the property is free of hazards
- Oversees the process of “turning over a unit” to make available for the next renter by conducting a pre-move-in inspection. Conducts move-out inspections and assesses charges if appropriate
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance schedules
- Reviews/approves lease applications in accordance with Village Green leasing guidelines. Ensures that all leases are properly endorsed and accurate
- Adheres to established policies related to fair housing
- Communicates with co-workers, management, residents, vendors, and all outside contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors, and all outside contacts
- Performs leasing and Assistant Manager duties during times of unfilled positions, if necessary; maintain a closing ratio of 40% or better on all traffic shown. Maintains an overall property-closing ratio of 40% or better. See Leasing Agent and Assistant Property Manager job descriptions for specific information
- Plans organize, promotes and implements resident functions in conjunction with the staff
- Generates Accident/Incident Reports in the event of an accident with a resident, guest, outside vendor, or employee. These reports cover theft, vandalism, property damage, personal injury, etc.
- Performs general office duties: answers the telephone, writes service requests, follows-up on completed or pending service requests, files, monitors, and orders office supplies and printed material
- Administers petty cash
- Performs all reasonable duties assigned by Area Director or corporate staff
- Holds daily Go meetings and weekly staff meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous experience as a Property or Assistant Property Manager
- Good supervisory and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- An excellent understanding of accounting practices and procedures
- Previous work experience with property management software and an understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Developed salesmanship skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must have real estate license or obtain within 120 days of employment if required by state law
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Our locations are drug-free and pre-employment drug tests are required. Background checks are also required before employment begins.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.