Farmers Fire Insurance
The Farmers Fire Insurance Company is a property & casualty insurance company located in York, Pennsylvania, proudly serving customers in our region since 1853.
Farmers Fire works in partnership with a network of independent agents across the state of Pennsylvania to meet the insurance needs of homeowners, renters, landlords and small businesses. We value providing excellent service to our agents and customers and strive to do this in a way that maintains a personal feel in a world where customers often feel disconnected from their service provider. We continually work to improve our products, systems and ourselves to achieve excellence in our work and are seeking like-minded individuals to join our team.
As a small insurance carrier with just under 20 full-time employees, individuals are able to have significant input into our processes and help us achieve our goal of continual improvement and high-quality service. This small-company atmosphere creates an enjoyable work environment and we are pleased that many of our employees choose to remain with Farmers Fire for an extended period as a result.
The position for Property Claims – Internal Adjuster will handle daily property claims in partnership with a network of independent adjusters across Pennsylvania. The role may occasionally involve travel within the state of Pennsylvania, but this will be infrequent.
The individual will review reports from independent adjusters and work in close conjunction with them to rapidly and accurately resolve claims for customers while providing excellent service and communication to insureds and agents.
Additionally, this individual will handle assignment of new claims to adjusting partners, establishing reserves, making coverage determinations, reviewing files for subrogation potential and letter writing – including explanations of coverage, reservation of rights, and other correspondence as may be appropriate.
Academics: while a 4-year degree is not required, it is preferred. However, a degree specific to insurance is not a necessity.
- Enjoy working with people
- Effective communicator
- Skilled with computers and technology
- Assertive, self-motivated and task-oriented
- Highly responsible and trustworthy in independent settings
- Studious and able to learn independently
Beneficial skills, but not required:
- Experience with estimating software, such as Xactimate or Simsol (or others)
- Prior experience in claims handling or the insurance industry
- While helpful, direct knowledge of insurance is not a requirement. This information will be taught during the natural course of the position.
- The individual will be trained in Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance principles, but will also be expected to engage in independent study so as to obtain their P&C license.
- While we expect an individual to be able to obtain their P&C license during this process, failure to do so will prevent advancement of the individual and prolonged inability to successfully obtain licensure may ultimately result in termination.
- Language: While not a requirement, an individual fluent in both English and Spanish would have an advantage in this hiring process.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.