Project Operations Manager
Subsea & Conventional
40 hours per week
Project Operations Manager
At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognized globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1,000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world.
Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ At Subsea 7.
Subsea 7 is looking for an expert Project Operations Manager responsible for efficient planning and running onshore and offshore operations for a dedicated project/tender.
The candidate will be responsible for manning and performance of Marine Compliance Team, Operations Team, Base Team and efficient interface with Logistics Department, Project Management and Offshore Management Team.
The Project Operations Manager must have oversight of all marine and base support operations, optimize marine spread and onshore base support, facilitate vessel movements as required and recognize synergies between Projects.
The Project Operations Manager reports directly to the Project Manager / Tender Lead; based in Sharjah, UAE.
- Ensuring the availability and adequacy of resources for the performance of work
- Provision of operational support to projects in the most cost-efficient way to achieve or exceed client expectations
- Ensure all marine spreads are adequately inspected and prepared for inspections prior to inward clearance in the country of operations. Oversee Marine Team in these activities and ensure adequate float is provided in mobilization schedules.
- Coordinates and prioritises the vessel, personnel and equipment resources assigned.
- Ensure necessary and adequate manning of the various teams to execute their work scopes, adjusting rotations and numbers as required.
- Ensure all marine spreads are logistically supported for crew rotation, provisions and waste handling, scheduling crew and supply vessel runs as required. Main interface with Logistics team in these activities and ensure adequate coverage is provided by on-hired vessels.
- Update project schedules as required to ensure adequate coverage of personnel to support peaks and troughs in offshore activities.
- Liaison with SCM Chartering Department and assist in providing technical requirements for marine spread and provide feedback
- Providing assistance to the project teams in forecasting operations budgets
- Engineering/technical/offshore degree or documented equivalent relevant work experience with major marine installation contractors and conventional offshore construction
- Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in a management role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to relate within a cross cultural management environment
- Flexible with regards to ad hoc travel and schedules
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed in creating a diverse workforce and look to offer an exciting and excellent international career opportunities as you develop your skills and aspirations.
Along with a range of employment benefits, career development opportunities (mentoring and development programmes) and a flexible working environment, our employees can also further enhance their work-life balance through our Remote Working Policy and wellbeing through a Medical Private Plan and a Wellbeing support initiatives.
All applicants that meet the job criteria will be contacted in the two weeks following the application submission date by our AMEC recruitment team. Remaining applications will be integrated in our database and considered in future job opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.