Job description / Role
Excellent opportunity has arisen for our client in the construction sector.
We are currently searching for a Project Finance Manager, reporting into the Head of Finance.
This position acts as the business’s general Finance Manager/Controller and MUST have a strong background in a project related industry, such as construction or landscaping.
Responsible for the financial management of multiple projects of varying sizes for various business lines and groups of project managers; is the Finance partner to the project team.
The Finance Manager will work closely with the operations team over the complete life cycle of a project, including potentially giving input to the bid preparation phase.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Overseeing a small finance team of approx. 5 people, including allocating work, mentoring, motivating and training
• Fully responsible for all accounting aspects of the company (overseeing AR/AP/billing/GL etc)
• Interface with project manager and project delivery teams
• Monitor projects for contract compliance
• Ensure all incurred cost is reflected accurately and in a timely fashion on the project
• Monitor project performance and key indicators: support PM as required in understanding project performance
• Monitor & analyze revenue to ensure proper revenue recognition methods used, be able to explain key project metrics and lead indicators.
• Preparation and update of the system for all active projects, ensuring that the current budget reflects original contract plus all client approved changes
• Fully responsible for monthly close activities
• Work proactively over the month to clear project financial issues, such as % complete
• Prepare and monitor project cash flow
• Understand the commercial and billing requirements of the projects, ensure project set up accurately reflects proper billing requirements
• Internal and external audit support, when required