We are recruiting a Project Coordinator to support a number of projects of small to medium and complexity concurrently.
You will lead across Lines of Business on Time, Cost, Quality and Scope to agreed tolerance ensuring appropriate reporting and communication to the steering committee, sponsor and stakeholders.
You will also deputise for Project Manager(s) on more complex projects or programmes.
What can you expect
Reporting into the Mercer Change Team within Operations & Technology, the role holder will be accountable for:
- Establish and support project governance structure and maintain documentation (prepares, controls versions and posts project documents).
- Schedule project meetings and other logistics and administers project communication channels (SharePoint/ project site, deliverable deadline reminders and distribution).
- Manage project plans and reporting throughout the project lifecycle ensuring all accurately reflect the status of the project and individual workstreams
- Ensure project sign-off and project reviews are undertaken
- Support management of timings, financial aspects, quality and scope of the project and risk, ensuring all project costs are identified and controlled
What you will be rewarded with
We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- 25 Days Annual Leave, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 days per year
- Excellent defined contribution pension scheme with up to 12% employer contribution (based on a 4% employee contribution)
- Private Medical Insurance
We will count on you to:
- Administer project risks and issues. Ensure Lessons Learned on projects are shared and help to improve processes and procedures
- Develop capabilities to change and project management, continually improving the processes used and completion of robust business cases
- Provide support and guidance to other team members and Mercer Lines of business and communicate effectively with all.
- Escalates issues to Project and Programme Managers and Sponsor
- Operate as an effective member of the UK Operations Team, supporting workstreams and projects through design, delivery and execution
- Work with the UK Operations team and Programme Manager to support and deliver the relevant business initiatives
- Contribute on areas of operational improvement, using multiple methodologies including Lean supporting in the execution of best practice
What you need to have:
- Proven experience working in a project or business change role. Preferably in a professional service environment interacting with senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to plan and organize workloads and manage multiple deadlines, ensuring accuracy and quality of work is maintained at all times
- Proven ability to deal confidently with colleagues at different levels, presenting self professionally at all times, developing good professional relationships and building trust
- Advanced working knowledge of MS office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What makes you stand out
- PRINCE2 Practioner training or achieved
- Lean / Six Sigma qualification / experience
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.