Job description / Role
We are looking for a Project Controller in Abu Dhabi.
Role and responsibilities:
– Maintain and track approved Budgets and Funds.
– Track original budget, current budget, current forecast, commitments, and expenditures of projects.
– Maintain Cost Tracker, Cost Database.
– Maintain long-term and short-term cash flow projections. Assess potential impacts.
– Analyse deviation trends to project scope.
Planning and Project Controls:
– Implementation of procedures and tools for Project Controls.
– Plans, coordinates and monitors activities of assigned projects to develop and implement procedures, processes and systems.
– Plans and provides direction as required for the preparation of planning and scheduling control systems.
– Reviews and updates Project Management Plans relevant to Project Controls.
Develop the project master schedules.
– Collaborates with the internal team(s) to present the baseline and works with the Client to obtain approval.
– Recommends and implements modifications to improve effectiveness and attain project milestones.
– Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary.
– Attending planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues.
– Oversee PMC’s development of realistic work plans consistent with the overall master schedule.
– Supports in preparing and maintaining the master programme for the project.
– Monitoring design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
– Schedule baseline development and reporting. Oversee Progress reporting and analysis.
– Setting-up Primavera Project Management System P6 (latest version) for program management across the planning team with all stakeholders.
– Review and analyse data/schedule received from the other organisations (Designers, PMCs, and Contractors).
– Developing weekly and monthly progress report protocols / templates for progress reporting and monitoring progress against it.
– Reviewing Schedule construction programmes received from contractors and analysing them in line with the contractual requirements.
– Assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client and project.
– Assist in the development and preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports & dashboards to the client
– Prepares “what if” scenarios for different types of project schedules to support the client.
– Makes recommendations for possible acceleration to the schedule.
– Implementation of project controls including progress & performance measurement.
– Monitors, analyses & reports on project performance using qualitative and quantitative tools.
– Management and Upstream reporting.
– Preparing weekly progress presentations for the client.
– Perform optimization studies and schedule analyses to enhance project performance.
– Assist in risk assessment and mitigation plans
– Resolving conflicts/ Assist evaluation of EOT.
– Document Control and Numbering Procedures.
– Document delivery and distribution matrix.
– Manage ACONEX/ Training of other document control
– Assist in developing the document control system and communication flow for the project.