The College of Engineering and Information Technology at Ajman University has an opening for the position Full/ Associate Professor in the broad area of artificial intelligence (Robotics and Computer Vision) starting from 1st Semester of 2021-2022. Candidates applying for this position should have a distinguished track record in research and a strong commitment to service, mentoring, teaching at the graduate level and making an impact in interdisciplinary research. Successful candidate will be appointed within the Masters of Artificial Intelligence Program (MSAI), It might be having the opportunity to engage widely with other programs (including Information technology) as well as artificial intelligence research center (AIRC).
Qualifications & experience
- Outstanding record in teaching graduate courses especially Artificial Intelligence related courses such as computer vision and robotics.
- Distinguished research and publications record in top journals (SCIE and Scopus with Q1/Q1* rank).
- Adequate experience in supervising Master theses and master projects.
- Record of collaborative and interdisciplinary research would be an advantage.
- Excellent record in community service and scholarly activities.
- Graduate with a Ph.D. from a reputable university.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Develop and deliver courses to students in specified discipline areas of study, considering and aiming to achieve the five (5) fundamental standards of the University, those are: Teaching, Research, Training, Expertise and Practice.
- Evaluate and monitor individual student progress and provide feedback to sustain student success.
- Research, organize and manage instructional resources, courses outlines, and community networks.
- Provide consultative expertise as a subject matter expert to the local industry through pre-approved partnership projects by the University.
- Ensure a respectful and culturally sensitive learning environment in all college focused activities.
- Establish and maintain effective work relationships across the organization and community.
- Motivate and inspire confidence in others (students and colleagues) to overcome limitations to personal growth and success.
- Ensure required training equipment and supplies are set up in advance and materials are available.
- Actively seek out methods, procedures, and resources to best achieve course and lesson objectives.
- Support and participate in accreditation initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with students that are conducive to learning.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with the “Credit Hour” academic system
- Ability to supervise student work
- Ability to provide academic advising for students
- Ability to work effectively with diverse team members.
- Knowledge of academic program planning and implementation.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Strong skills in programming languages such as Python, R, Matlab, Java, and C++. Skills in Pytorch, TensorFlow are a plus.
- A completed application will include: A letter of interest addressing qualifications for the position.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and research.
- Copies of transcripts of all graduate coursework.
- A list of three professional references with names, titles, phone numbers, and email addresses- including a current or previous supervisor.
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai