Job description / Role
Our client, a luxury furniture company is urgently looking for a Production Manager – Furniture/Upholstery who will be able to run and manage a substantial team for their manufacturing operations in their factory based in Sharjah, UAE. Reporting to the CEO, you will be primarily responsible for meeting the requirements and deadlines of the clients and ensure that projects are being delivered on time and of high quality. You should be strongly knowledgeable and have hands-on experience working with a wide range of furniture, soft furnishing, and interior fit-outs from general woodwork to millwork, floor coverings to wall coverings, light fixtures to artworks.
Other responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Accomplish department objectives by planning and evaluating project activities
• Managing production schedules and employees
• Client acknowledgment and design
• Overall promotion of renewed environments internally and externally
• Calculates raw material requirements, manages ordering of materials to meet all production needs
• Participates in the strategic planning for the manufacturing division
• Reviews, prepares, and completes action plans, implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
• Resolves problems, completed audits, identifies trends, determines system improvement, and acts as a change-agent.
• Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, negotiates vendor pricing, initiating corrective actions, and meeting quotas by interfacing with sales reps and other industry professionals.
• Must remain current on job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Maintains a clean work area and help maintain warehouse docks, parking lot, and office for safety, lighting, etc.
• Hires and trains employees; communicates job expectations; plans, monitors, appraises, and maintains department profitability; plans and reviews compensation actions; and enforces policies and procedures.
• Maintain a tidy and professional and safe workspace for the employees in the factory
• Managing and supporting the team to ensure the client’s requirements are met.