At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
As a Product Manager in the Workflow, Data & IoT team within IFS Research & Development, you will be responsible for managing our portfolio of offerings around Workflow (i.e. Business Process Automation and Management) and Data (Management, Governance, Migration, Synchronization, and Integration). There will be a strong emphasis on being able to gather, define, and validate products’ requirements with stakeholders and manage these requirements through development.
Essential functions include:
- Understand the target users’ needs and business problems. Accordingly, develop short and long-range business plans for product lines consistent with market needs and corporate strategic objectives. Business plans may relate to an entirely new product, new product feature, or new function.
- Determine the total market (domestic and international) and the available market for the product line to justify the investment and to measure whether market share objectives are being met. This includes preparation of forecast projections, product positioning, and defining pricing points that balance company financial performance expectations with competitiveness in the market.
- Gather product’s customer/market requirements from all global regions and across different customer segments and industries. Collaborate with product managers, peers, partners/suppliers, and other stakeholders to build an idea for a feature, function, or product to address these market requirements and our business objectives. Use this information to create detailed and validated customer-centric market requirements.
- Manage product requirements while controlling any changes and effects on the end product, and recommend and negotiate appropriate trade-offs when needed. Act as the representative of the business during development as the functional requirements are developed into a feature, function, or product that will be available to the market.
- Ensure that Business Management has appropriate and adequate information at each stage gate in the development process to make informed Go/No Go decisions. This will require sound business acumen.
- Lead the definition of the product’s customer values and competitive differentiation to be used in the development of the commercial messaging for the product launch artifacts, trade show materials, and other commercial opportunities. Responsible for coordinating with Sales, Commercial Marketing, Solution Architects, Training Center, Tech Support, and other groups as it relates to tailored training plans.
- Prepare competitive analysis and formulation of competitive counter strategies for all new products and existing products.
- Provide commercial support for post-sale product issues, including those involving quality, delivery, or pricing from issue identification through resolution.
- Establish, execute, and report on product line growth initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical field, or equivalent experience. Formal training or demonstrated leadership influence
- Excellent communications skills, ability to lead by influence, and an ability to work within a team environment to achieve objectives
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- An understanding of business process automation and management concepts, terminology, and general design and implementation principals
- An understanding of data management and governance concepts and terminology
- Experience working as part of a global team
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.