Job description / Role
– Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice procurement vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
– Ensure that purchasing policies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality, and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
– Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings.
– Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings.
– Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers.
– Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues.
– Assess tenders/RFQ/RFP from potential suppliers and work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality, and compliance.
– Set departmental objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
– Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
– Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost.
– Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
– Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on Purchasing activities.
– Assist Senior Management in ensuring effective relationships with client businesses through maintaining an appropriate interface between procurement and suppliers and leads provided by the senior management.