No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
Manage the IT, Digital & Corporate vertical within the Group Procurement – Sourcing. Head and oversee IT sourcing projects consisting of software, hardware and maintenance. Support vendor pre-qualification and selection. Recommend & around suitable evaluation parameters. Plan and negotiate organizational broad agreements reducing risks. Develop and maintain professional business relations with key external and internal stakeholders. Develop and maintain supplier base with input from internal procurement business partners. Provide strategic direction to the procurement staff. Review and update progress of works and provide support to satisfactorily complete the sourcing projects. Approve the purchase request/ purchase order or recommends for approval to the senior management.
About the Requirements
Deliver Cost efficiency & more value for money
- Negotiate overall savings in the range of 5%-10%, negotiate on non-financial parameters such as Payment Terms, Warranty etc.
Source new and manage competitive vendors
- Number of quality vendors sourced
- Number of quotations per project
Ensure Operational efficiency
- Time taken to approve PR/ PO in the system
- Overall turn around time to close a purchasing request
- Cataloging of repeated spends
Effective internal customer relationship management
- Timely & professional communication with the team & business peers
- Timely generation/ updating of management report(s)
About the Requirements
- Full time Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Any Procurement or Finance Certification is an added value
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Procurement and/ or Project Management with strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements across the GCC markets.
- Previous hands on experience in dealing with vendors (quotations, payments, reconciliations)
- Must have hands-on experience on IT & security systems, digital software & hardware, e-commerce solutions etc. Working on Telecom and complex corporate IT projects will be an added advantage.
- People person, good at networking
- High organisational skills and good business instincts
- Analytical and Problem-solving skills
- Flexibility towards work demand, meeting deadlines, multi-tasking & ability to work under pressure
- Intermediate to high level skill on MS Excel, MS Word and MS Presentations
- Strong verbal and written English communication
Job Specific Skills:
- Negotiations skills
- Reporting skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Good analytical skills
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.