Pixelle Specialty Solutions
Pixelle Specialty Solutions™ is the largest specialty paper company in North America, with fully integrated pulp and paper operations in Chillicothe, Ohio, Jay, Maine, Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, Stevens Point, Wisconsin and a coating operation in Fremont, Ohio. Supported by an experienced product development team, Pixelle excels in designing customized solutions that help customers bring new products to market. With a long history of leadership in the paper industry, Pixelle delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of specialty papers to help you meet today’s challenging demands.
Responsible for procuring pulpwood for the Chillicothe, Ohio facility (of Pixelle Specialty Solutions) via stumpage acquisition and open-market purchases to meet budgeted fiber requirements, as well as providing a steady stream of higher value logs to our log merchandising yard located in Piketon, Ohio.
· To purchase standing timber and open-market wood;
· To accurately cruise and valuate both private-negotiated and bid timber;
· To proficiently contact landowners and generate prospective timber leads;
· Responsible for timber sale layout, administration, retirement, and closing work;
· Responsible to develop new and maintain existing working relationships with logging and transportation contractors;
· As directed by the District Manager, develop and maintain working relationships with area sawmills to ensure viable markets for controlled sawtimber and facilitating the procurement of residual chips;
· Promote Pixelle’s Forest Certification programs (SFI & FSC), as well as environmental compliance through adherence of BMP standards and forest certification principles;
· Provide technical assistance to select suppliers and producers, promoting continuous improvement and high levels of performance that are sustainable and consistent;
· Active participation in Pixelle’s safety program;
· Serve as the liaison with state and local agencies and trade associations, as well as promoting a positive public image through civic involvement.
· Bachelor’s degree in Forestry (or closely related field) preferred, or an Associate degree with three plus (3+) years of procurement experience;
· Able to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment with high accountability;
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite programs;
· ArcView and/or GIS experience, a plus;
· Strong communication, negotiating, and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to safely walk through forested areas and active timber harvest sites;
· Must be a self-starter and able to prioritize daily, weekly, monthly objectives;
· Ability to work independently without supervision and in small team environments;
· Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator license;
· Will need to reside in the assigned area of responsibility (Northern Kentucky);
· Ability to travel throughout Northern Kentucky, Southern Ohio, and West Virginia.
Competitive healthcare benefit package and 401K match.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.