Overall purpose of role
The Private Banking team offers bespoke banking and investment solutions to high net worth clients. Barclays Private Bankers act as trusted advisors to clients providing bespoke banking services, lending and wealth structuring, in addition to a world class range of investment solutions and products across all asset classes. The target population for this role is Ultra High Net worth from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Highly self directed assist in setting and achieving personal and achieving team targets for:
- new clients
- Deliver high quality bespoke advice, maximising value for our clients and negotiate the best commercial outcome.
- Be recognised as an expert and influential contact for banking products, credit advice and client queries
- Be recognised as an expert and influential interface between the client and other parts of the Barclays group
- Wealth Advisory
- Discretionary Portfolio Management
- Investment Advisory
- Global Investments & Solutions
- Wider/cross Group (IB/Corp etc)
- Legal and compliance
- Senior management & Executive
- Provide the client with world class financial solutions
- Be able and willing to discuss markets, their issues and opportunities with clients
- Fully utilise the banker toolset, systems and platforms and challenge current standards to continuously improve quality.
- Engage with digital technologies, products and solutions that are relevant to the Wealth business, and have the ability to use them to enhance the service provided to clients.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Director Private Bankers are expected to be skilled business developers, adept at identifying and developing new business opportunities that will then see them initiating, building and maintaining effective introductory relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure effective opportunity streams for new clients, assets and revenues. They would be expected to engage and direct others within their team/Private Bank in this activity. In order to achieve this they must be highly skilled in engaging and influencing others to create and grow effective partnerships across the entire organisation, and externally, to drive performance. They would be expected to be accountable for specific partnerships and relationships, possibly at national level. The Director Private Banker may be expected to work within a banker cell or on their own, so they must be an exemplary team player capable of galvanising and leading a team from within as well as being a highly self motivated, independent self starter who needs the minimum of supervision. The Director Private Banker is expected to have a highly developed and extended sphere of influence that extends well beyond their own team in making a positive impact to the wider business, this network should extend not only across the Barclays group, but externally also.
The Director Private Banker may have direct leadership accountability for others, and so must be capable of leading and managing other people, and be able to take accountability for collective performance as well as their own. Even without direct reporting accountability the Director Private Banker must be highly skilled in directing the work of others/influencing/working collaboratively (within a cell, their own team, the wider Bank) in order to secure positive outcomes for clients and for the business. They must also be capable of taking accountability for this collective effort and giving it direction.
Impacting Business Strategy
Director level Private Bankers are expected to engage with the wider Wealth business and/or Barclays UK in a way that will have direct strategic influence (shaping offering, proposition, client experience, process, execution) and having direct impact on business commercial performance. Director level Private Bankers will be expected to Interact with, and influence, other teams within the Wealth business using their experience and seniority in a way that positively affects other teams’ performance – this might be through working directly with WEBB colleagues driving up cross business introduction or leading/participating in central programmes or initiatives that shape strategy and business approach moving forward.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The Director Private Banker is expected to have exemplary technical knowledge and to be expert in applying analytical reasoning and judgement to solve highly complex problems in order to deliver the highest levels of client advice and service. They must be skilled in directing, employing and managing appropriate resources to drive continuous improvement and innovation. They must also be skilled in directing and managing (formally or informally) others involved in complex processes to ensure ultimate successful delivery. The Director Private banker must be expert in making informed transparent decisions, considering the broader/longer term implications for the benefit of client and business. They must also be capable of engaging, directing and managing others in this decision making process and the execution of any solution, gaining consensus and agreement and managing collective work to successful conclusion.
The Director Private banker is expected to be an exemplary leader in encouraging their peers and team members to question established processes and suggest areas for improvement. They should seek inspiration internally and externally to identify areas for improvement and innovation. The Director Private Banker should actively lead their peers in the business in championing continuous improvement, enabling breakthrough innovations as well as incremental improvements. They should also have practical approach and lead their team/the wider Private Bank in converting ideas into pragmatic and viable solutions that uphold ethical values.
The Director Private banker will always take ownership for issues that impact clients, leading others to resolve them and proactively seeking opportunities to lead in develop business improvement (eg; central programmes, initiatives and projects etc) with the objective of identifying issues, solving problems and enabling breakthrough innovations as well as incremental improvements to the business and our client service.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring conformity with global and market standards of client service
- Ensuring conformity with all Barclays terms and conditions
- Ensuring conformity with global and market conditions on AML and KYC.
- Ensuring conformity with global and market conditions on product delivery
- Ensure that sales and business practices are within the regulatory framework
- Ensure that you are up to date with latest regulatory standards on market education/training
- Ensure that you are up to date with latest regulatory standards on suitability, capital adequacy and record keeping.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent relationship skills with experience of managing and handling the sophisticated needs of individuals and families. The right candidate will be effective in gaining an in-depth understanding of client’s needs and advising on a diverse range of wealth management solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in controlling and monitoring of risk within a client book.
- The ideal candidate will have substantial experience of the Financial Services industry, particularly in the areas of Retail regulated products and services to mass market and high net worth customers, ultra high net worth customers and asset management.
- The ideal candidate will maintain a full, up to date understanding of the general financial markets dynamics and current financial concepts.
- The ideal candidate will have a high aptitude and understanding of the digital landscape, with the ability to effectively manage Clients’ changing needs in this area.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent market exposure and multi-disciplined private banking expertise.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent business development and cold calling skills.
- The ideal candidate will have good management skills and experience of influencing others through direct or indirect management
- The ideal candidate will have experience of stakeholder management/matrix management
- The ideal candidate will have experience of mentoring and/or managing small teams
- Where appropriate , a detailed and up to date knowledge of the relevant International market
Academic and professional qualifications
The ideal candidate will be RDR level four min qualified. Level six (desired).
The successful candidate will be fluent in English. Local language skills may be required for International coverage Bankers.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit but also have a collegiate approach.
- The ideal candidate will embrace a challenge and an evolving/changing environment.
- The ideal candidate will display a constructive approach with the ability to relate to and accommodate a diverse range of personalities.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standard
Purpose and Values
Barclays has a single cross-business Purpose for Barclays and five core Values which underpin it.
Our Purpose is helping people achieve their ambitions in the right way. Put simply this is the answer to the question ‘What is Barclays for?’ and it should guide our every action as employees.
We respect and value those we work with, and the contribution that they make.
We act fairly, ethically and openly in all we do.
We put our clients and customers at the centre of what we do.
We use our energy, skills and resources to deliver the best, sustainable results.
We are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.