Working within the Technology QA (Tech QA) team, the Principal Performance Engineer establishes and fosters a performance driven culture within the Organization, with a focus to deliver quality solutions through performance engineering. The job holder will lead a team of engineers in ensuring the products and solutions meet the performance requirements and the SLAs. The incumbent provides direction to a group of Performance Engineers to adopt a holistic approach to performance engineering and develops a roadmap with a vision for continuous capability improvement. The role is highly customer focused and will require working with stakeholders at all levels within the organization. The incumbent will work with the QA managers and the Product stakeholders in ensuring built-in quality and enabling faster time to market.
– Adopt and implement performance engineering practices across the enterprise
– Lead and nurture a team of Performance engineers in supporting the release trains, ensuring the portfolio release trains are appropriately staffed to support Performance Engineering
– Provide governance and leadership of Performance Engineering practices to deliver best in class performance, availability, scalability and reliability (Shift Left & Shift Right)
– Collaborate with Architecture for technology exploration and ensuring testability of solutions
– Collaborate with Service Monitoring to establish Monitoring, Observability and Application Performance Management practices
– Partner with Service Management for Capacity Planning and Management activities
– Establish and advocate performance best practices for the Architecture, Design and development community, in order to build high quality products and solutions
– Collaborate with Architects, Business Analysts, Developers and QA engineers to define performance engineering and testing strategies for their products.
– Research and introduce performance testing tools, frameworks and practices to support the latest technologies
– Partner with Operations and Hybrid Cloud teams to track the performance of applications and infrastructure in production, and ensure they meet the SLAs
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) in Degree in a Computer Science or similar
10+ years experience in Performance Engineering, including testing, profiling and tuning, for highly available and scalable mission critical applications.
Experience leading a team of performance engineers and manging Performance engineering activities within the Software delivery lifecycle Experience working with Product Management, Architecture, Engineering and Operations stakeholders in ensuring best in class performance.
Experience working with stakeholders across IT and Business to analyse and interpret business requirements, and translate it to technical requirements.
Experience working with large cloud service providers (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.) like Azure, AWS, GDP etc.
– Ability to manage a wide array of projects and engineers ensuring on time delivery and excellent quality
– Well-read, with excellent knowledge of the latest trends in technology, specifically in the performance testing and engineering space
– Well demonstrated performance testing, performance analysis and tuning experience of Web, Mobile (Hybrid and Native) and Thick Client Applications
– Strong understanding of Architecture, including Microservices Architecture, SOA and cloud hosted large scale systems (at all levels system, network, integration, data) and a sound knowledge of performance patterns and anti-patterns
– Front-end/UI performance testing and analysis expertise across Websites and Mobile Apps, with tools/solutions like Webpage Test, lighthouse, Device Farms, etc.
– Practising knowledge of implementing and using Application Performance Management Tools like AppDynamics, DynaTrace, New Relic etc., and open source profiling tools
– Vast experience in troubleshooting performance bottlenecks across multiple layers
– Excellent grasp of infrastructure monitoring solutions using both Monitoring tools and native monitoring – Proven track record working in Agile and Waterfall projects
– Solid understanding of DevOps practices, including Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Delivery.
– Demonstrable experience in setting up performance quality gates within the CI/CD pipeline (at a component level, integration level) Preferred
– Knowledge of Chaos engineering, and experience working with chaos testing tools like chaos monkey, Gremlin and other cloud native tools
– Knowledge of Capacity planning and Management activities
– Understanding of TDD and BDD Soft skills: – Excellent communication, relationship and negotiation skills to establish a performance driven culture
– Ability to communicate with all technology partners, be it architecture, design, engineering, operations or infrastructure management
– Demonstrable experience communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
– Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results
– Ability to work effectively in fast-paced agile framework – Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
– Strong people management skills with a proven ability to hire and grow teams of Software Quality Engineers
– Experience of working with vendors and acceptance of third party products
Leadership Role: Yes
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.