Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Principal Landscape Architect to join our team! In this role you will get to work and manage a dynamic team of landscape architects, urban designers and master planners.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with the studio management team for the daily running and also the development of the studio.
- Work collaboratively with the master planning team to develop design at a landscape master planning level.
- Provide design leadership and mentoring to the landscape studio staff.
- Manage projects through all aspects of the design process, specifically at the early design stages.
- Assist with the financial performance of studio projects.
- Coordinate with internal disciplines and manage the activities of sub-consultants for the delivery of projects.
- Assist the business development team in the preparation of technical and financial proposals.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Minimum Sixteen (16+) years of continuous experience in landscape architecture. International experience in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia is preferrable
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture from an accredited University or College program.
- Possess professional registration, licensure or chartership with an internationally recognized professional association.
- Professional Certification: CMLI / ASLA / ALIA
- Fluency in English, verbal and written. Proficiency in other languages, especially Arabic, is highly regarded
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the aesthetic, technical, resource, and financial aspects of landscape architecture.
- Demonstrate the ability to run a design process from pre-conceptual design through to final design with an understanding of production techniques, procedures, and standards.
- Possess the ability to present to clients at a business development level and also the design from the outset of the project.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of industry codes/standards/health and safety requirements and sustainability regulations.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Demonstrate a team oriented and collaborative approach to landscape architecture within the design team.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of the regional construction industry, local construction methods and their influence on design decisions.
- Demonstrate a solid commitment to quality design.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess self-motivation, work part of the team but also have the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key design related computer programs such as BIM, Adobe suites and 3D modelling software such as Sketch Up and Rhino.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.