Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Principal Engineer – Marine Port to join our team! In this role you will get to determine methods and solutions for complex engineering problems and selects the most efficient and economical manner in meeting the objectives and apply advanced engineering techniques and analyses within a discipline.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Responsible for technical review of design submissions prepared by other consultants, to verify compliance with NEOM project standards and objectives, as well as good engineering practices. This will include: drawings, design analyses and calculations, specifications, proposed methodologies, and any other relevant technical submission.
- May also be required to lead and supervise other Engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and growth in the Quality Improvement Process.
- Provides technical consultations for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Ensures compliance of design with all applicable codes and regulations, providing the seal and signature of the professional engineer when required by statute or contract.
- Prepares material/equipment specifications and purchase requisitions reviews supplier data witnesses shop tests, assists with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Performs reliability, availability, maintenance (RAM) and safety analyses.
- Maintains affiliation with professional societies to keep abreast of current technologies.
- Helps determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for the defined scope and schedule. May assist with other administrative and technical duties.
- Recommends and prepares technical papers.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s (preferred) degree in civil engineering (or related field) and typically 15+ years of related work experience. Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) or equivalent registration is required.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Must be fluent in English
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- Ability to communicate in Arabic would be an advantage.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Not Applicable/NoneParsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.