Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Primary Class Teacher for Al Muna Academy in Abu Dhabi commencing term 1 academic year 2021-22 to join our growing family of owned and operated schools in the UAE. Due to planned current and future expansion we are looking to add to our current education team supporting our British, US and IB curricula schools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
Al Muna Academy is in the heart of the city of Abu Dhabi and was recently rated ‘Outstanding’ by ADEK – Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) Serving over 700 students from Nursery – Year 6 we follow the National Curriculum of England. The school a vibrant community.
The successful candidate will be closely aligned with the core values and ethos of Aldar Academies and Al Muna Academy and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Delivery of our guaranteed standards.
- Sharing planning and resources, ensuring effective communication and directing the work of others, as appropriate.
- Carrying out the role of a subject leader/lead learner, planning and leading extra-curricular activities, participating and leading staff training and contributing to the development and further improvement of the school community.
- To comply with our agreed policies, including the Al Muna Way, ICT acceptable use policy and code of conduct.
- To actively engage with our school community e.g. through newsletters, informal dialogue, reporting, supporting school functions and contributing to community activities
- To actively participate in the performance management process of self and others.
- Bachelor Degree in Education or B.Sc degree with PGCE is essential. Desirable Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Primary Teacher.
- Strong experience teaching the English National Curriculum.
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
What We Offer:
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centred and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 20,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful on our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Primary Location: UAE-Abu Dhabi
Organization: Al Muna Primary School
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2021, 4:28:21 AM