Publinet Advertising and Publicity
Job description / Role
Account Managers are multitasking professionals. They liaise and work with client representatives while concurrently studying the objectives, marketing communication policies, and needs of their clients’ organisations to develop relevant communication plans that will positively influence public and stakeholder opinion. As part of the larger structure, they represent their client and speak on their behalf when delegating tasks to the support team of content creators and creatives at the agency. Their efforts to promote goodwill, ideas, products, or services encompass the generation, editing and strategy-checking of all things related to the client; coaching client representatives in effective communication with the public and with employees via media training; planning and conducting market and public opinion research to determine the potential for product/services success; and consistent and effective client and media relations efforts. They work within a wider team, taking instructions from management and delegating duties to their support team.
Purpose of Job:
• Build a strong and effective relationship with the client(s)
• Understand clearly the client’s business model and objectives while providing comms counsel
• Develop and implement effective strategic PR activities for the client(s)
• Maximise positive editorial media coverage for the client(s)
• Manage client(s) accounts efficiently and profitably – both for client and C&B
• Effectively create a positive public image of the client(s), as well as C&B
• Offer operational (and strategic) support to all team members
• Develop creative PR plans for the client(s)
• Successfully delegate, where appropriate, tasks to junior team members
Responsibilities/duties/key result areas:
• Act as the daily point of contact for clients.
• Identify and build relationships at multiple levels within the client(s) organisation.
• Act in ongoing consulting/advisory capacity with the client(s) positioning C&B as a strategic partner/consultant.
• Efficiently and effectively manage potential and occurring client concerns.
• Build high-level knowledge of the client(s) market sector – researching and remaining abreast of developments and trends in relevant industries.
• Display responsibility for financial management of client(s) programmes – be aware of the financial status of accounts at all times.
• Continuously update media knowledge – global trends and local operational procedures.
• Develop and facilitate relationships between client(s) spokespeople and selected editors and/or other writers.
• Develop and maintain strong personal working relationships with journalists, bloggers, influencers and key opinion leaders relevant to client(s) industry.
• Support Account Director with the development and execution of appropriate tactical PR and media plans, ensuring deadlines are adhered to.
• Develop communications ideas and initiatives to improve the client’s image through the creation, development and design of activities and programmes.
• Assist and lead the team in the implementation of contracted PR programmes.
• Assist Account Director to ensure smooth integration of new business and efficient running of existing accounts.
• Verbally brief (and prepare written brief where needed) relevant departments on new projects, i.e. in-house editors on editorial required
• Assist and lead the team in the organisation and management of events including press conferences, sales events, gala dinners, inauguration events etc.
• Monitor incoming media coverage (local newspaper clippings) to keep senior management informed of developments that affect or may impact client(s).
• Oversee reporting related to client i.e. weekly status report, quarterly status reports, meeting reports, coverage reports etc.
• Attend client meetings and internal C&B meetings.
• Assist in collating necessary documents for third party client charges.
• Delegate to, and manage, junior members in account team where applicable and when required.
• Remain abreast of developments on the communications and PR front
• Remain abreast of the changing media landscape and have strong knowledge in the new age and digital media
• Act at all times with positive regard to internal budgets and overall cost efficiency of C&B
• Develop/demonstrate advanced presentation (and influencing) skills
• Support C&B consultancy culture – actively seek new, smarter ways of doing things
• Be seen as an ambassador for C&B, both within the client arena and the wider industry
• To support the overall brand building of C&B and promote C&B as a strategic consultancy/advisory partner
• Any related tasks that may be required to assist the team in the effective management of client accounts.
• Support PR and Editorial leaders in executing content marketing and PR strategies focused on earned digital media placements.
• Manage the delivery of a digital PR strategy
• Managing social channels
• Support effective delivery of content to online audiences
• Advise on additional digital activities/ and other forms of activations