Job description / Role
Title: PowerBI Administrator/Developer
Location: Dubai, UAE
Duration: 12 Months Extendable Contract
We are looking at candidates who bring industry best practices to support the application and have strong development experience. The candidate should be able to maintain end to end health of Platform (On-Prem & Cloud).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs platform capacity planning and management.
• Serves as an escalation point for escalated production and/or platform issues.
• Executing change control and promotions activities.
• Establishes best practices and guidelines for usage of the POWER BI platform.
• Technical Lead and point of contact for all POWER BI Administrator related projects and activities.
• Provide maintenance and support for POWER BI products during deployment, upgrade and any changes to POWER BI products
• Provide technical support; incident management
• Oversee, recommend and implement appropriate solutions and enhancements to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance.
• Conform to system architecture standards and practices and work with outsourced suppliers as required to keep up to date with enabling technologies.
• Interface directly with various business units and IT functional areas as it pertains to POWER BI Administration.
• Monitor the overall availability and performance of the current POWER BI environments and take corrective actions as necessary to insure peak operational performance.
• Power BI Administration
• Deploying Power BI Desktop / Cloud
• Managing Power BI Mobile App Deployment
• Compliance and Auditing
• Monitoring Usage
• Application Utilization and capacity management
• Performance Monitoring SQL Server Analysis Services
• Data Privacy and Security
• Controlling Access to Power BI
• Managing Access to App Workspaces, Apps, and Content Packs
• Assist in Power BI System Governance
• Power BI data modeling
• M queries
• DAX calculations
• SSAS Tabular Models
• Tenant Management
• Manage capacity
• Choice of data import vs. direct connectivity
• Monitoring of file sizes
• Reuse of existing datasets
• Utilize organizational content packs
• Azure Data Catalog
• API activity
• Power BI Architecture and Development
• Confirm Leading Practices are followed within the Power BI industry
• Develop dashboards / reports and/or help users develop reports as needed
• Knowledge of ETL/ELT tools, cube design, platform enabling configuration is essential.