The Kanoo Group
Job description / Role
Objectives: Kanoo Shipping is looking for a Port Operations Supervisor to be based in Dubai. We are looking for someone that has experience in overall accuracy, timeliness and safety of cargo loading and discharging operation for all appointed vessels. Must be experienced in the provision of efficient and proactive services to vessels and strong knowledge of the shipping in the UAE.
• Responsible for ensuring overall supervision and arrangements required during loading and discharging cargo of all appointed vessels.
• In charge of the overall accuracy, timeliness and safety of cargo loading and discharging operation for all appointed vessels.
• Close coordination with concerned authorities/ parties for provision of berth, equipment, manpower and reports/ documentation requirements of the vessel.
• Responsible for ensuring effective implementation / compliance of Management Requirements as per Kanoo Shipping Operational / Quality / HSSE Procedures and Policies.
• Monitor suppliers to ensure Kanoo Shipping Operational/ Quality/ HSSE/ Accounting requirements are strictly complied at all times.
• Updates customers for equipment/other required arrangements.
• Ensure principal’s Key Performance Indicator targets for cargo loading and discharging are achieved.
• Coordination and clarifying with concerned parties/ principals/ vessel command for any issues or discrepancy in information that could affect accuracy, timeliness or safety of cargo operations.
• Analyze load/discharge plan based on the manifest and prepare summary.
• Ensure cargo are stowed/packed/lashed as per principal requirement / procedure.
• Prepare operational reports and send to all concerned parties, as required.
• Ensure all required checks according to the Quality Control Plan (includes safety) are complied prior to vessel operation.
• Represent Kanoo Shipping in all required pre and post operation meetings.
• Ensure top performance of manpower and all cargo are accounted for as per load/ discharge plan and all customer complaints/ safety breaches are reported to Operations Manager (West Coast)
• Execute corrective and preventive actions, as required.
• Compiles operational records and sends to documentation section for closing of vessel file.
• Carry out supplier performance re-evaluation and ensure all suppliers utilized are approved.
• Obtaining arrival and departure details of designated vessels and passing to communication center.
• Responsible for improvement of performance in carrying out responsibilities to achieve customer requirements.
• Support – Providing full support functions to cover Ras Al Khaimah Office Manager and or Shipping Clerk, as and when required.
Reporting to: Operations Manager – West Coast
Other interactions: Communication Center, Boarding Representatives, Port Authorities, Principals, QHSE Supervisor, Tally Clerk, Vessel Command
Subordinates: Tally Clerk