No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Al Futtaim Malls are pleased to announce the launch of PLEX Management Services, which will offer a wide range of Asset Management, Development, Leasing, HR, Finance and Brand Experience expertise to shopping malls and retail organizations in the MENA region.
This new business venture aims to:
- Leverage our expertise & organization to grow our Malls business
- Expand our market share with new markets and retailers
- Develop and sell additional products, concepts and services
- Create new opportunities for growth of talent within the organization
Plex promises to offer expertise in design of integrated retail destinations, building and executing organizations that are preferred business partners, generating sustainable growth and long-term value creation thorough understanding of retail dynamics, shopping mall management and global best practice capabilities.
Job Title: General Mall Manager
Reports to: Director – Asset Management
Department: Mall Management
Location: Dubai, UAE
Responsible for the day to day management of the Shopping Centre across mentioned disciplines by setting the highest standards of centre management ensuring the business is in line with revenue forecasts and budgeted expenditure to deliver the EBITDA.
Shopping centre management interaction; accounting, retailer relations, revenue generation and asset management responsibility; preparation of budgets and/or forecasts and business plans, coordination of specialty leasing program and coordination of the concierge program. Day to day leader; overseeing personnel, development of on-site staff and interaction with corporate staff and involvement with community stakeholders. Share in responsibility for maintaining the physical integrity of the Centre, creating an environment that enhances guest experience and store sales. Primary focus is to increase the value of the Centre by increasing its Net Operating Income with minimal capital invested.
- Operating Budgets: Preparation of Retail Operations budget which includes projection for capital, manpower, operating expenditure and income forecast to submit to Board of Directors for review. Review frequently to ensure actual is in line with projection and takes remedial action against any negative variances. Previous experience to be utilized, subordinate information and market trends to deliver a budget forecast for revenue and expenditure. Identifying any possible concerns and report to Board of Directors. Tight management of debtors and EBIDAT delivery are key objectives.
- Service Charge: Instigate a proper shopping centre budget & matrix to ensure that all operational expenditure is fully recoverable from the tenants and audited at year end in accordance with International standards.
- Financial Overview: Assist with the preparation and review of monthly and annual financial reports, including re-forecasting, P&L, lease abstracting and budgeting. Assists with collection of monthly receivables as requested by the Sr. General Manager.
- Asset Management: Oversees the condition and maintenance programs of key asset systems, for best commercial life and salvage ability of assets.
- Oversee the marketing of the Mall and all associated events, ensure that these are properly marketed and involve retailers so footfall and tenant sales are factored into every event. Liaise closely with regional marketing.
- Guest Experience: Enhance the guest experience through any means practicable. Handle guest complaints as and when required.
- Marketing Plan: Facilitates the management of the marketing program together with the Sr. General Manager and Marketing Manager. Programs are consistently innovative, targeted and effective: budget well prepared and executed, Brand consistency maintained.
- Community Relations: Maintain positive relationships with local community. Have good working knowledge of political and regulatory changes that may impact Centre operations. Take corrective action and inform others, as required.
- Tenant Relations: Maintain excellent communication with all tenants and be aware of the terms of their leases in order to encourage their compliance. Regular meetings and visits with tenants.
- Operating Standards: If external work is required, ensure a minimum of 3 companies are tendered for the work and based on price, quality and urgency of the work to make a recommendation to the Board of Directors for approval as per the DOA. If 3 companies are not available to offer the required work and will provide justification which will be submitted along with the approval requisition. The centre must be looking at the highest standard at all times for the retailers and shoppers.
- Supervision: Supervise and provide direction for the concierge department, specialty leasing department, administrative assistant and receptionist.
- Property Development: Evaluate property needs and recommend improvements as required. Execute approved projects in a timely and commercially appropriate manner; ensures scope accuracy and compliance.
Human Resource Management
- Performance Management: Appraise employees on a regular basis as per the company guidelines, identify training and where ever applicable, request for external training as per the DOA approval. Ensure at all times that his subordinates are motivated and providing the standard of work required by the company.
- Internal Coordination: Working knowledge of other Corporate Departments. Ability to provide interface and cohesiveness with the numerous departments that impact Centre Management.
- Present reports on tenants, income, expenditure, positioning and competition to the company from information compiled by his subordinates and Market Research in order to compare actual with budget projections and ways of further improving the company design concept. Ensure update information is presented at all times from all sources whilst preparing reports in order to reflect, as best as he can, the actual status of the company.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree in business administration with specialization in Marketing & Real Estate with extensive knowledge of developing commercial Real Estate properties.
- Master’s in Business Administration (Marketing, Accounting) etc. is preferred.
- 10-15 years of experience in the relevant field in organizations of repute of which at least 5-7 years must have been spent in a top management of shopping centre or retail management.
- Knowledge of all aspects of leasing & marketing inc. strategy, implementation and operation.
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with tenants, contracted services personnel and fellow employees.
- Financial acumen
- Time management
- Conflict Resolution
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.