- Piping Engineer
About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 50
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, 23 October 2021
About this role: Piping Engineer
About this role: Piping Engineer
- Steward all aspects of Mechanical engineering, primarily on piping design and engineering and provide technical support to operation and maintenance for across company onshore and offshore facilities;
- Provide technical support in all sessions of FA, RCFA, ReHAZOP, RA and 3-D model review, and technical support to Inspection Program, etc;
- Should comprehend the plant problems like piping vibration, support anomaly, cracks, corrosion, plant vulnerabilities /failure due to other modes of degradation. Initiate/contribute for root-cause analysis under operating conditions. Well experienced in attending to operating plant field-troubles in line with the Operations/ Maintenance requirements. Procurement support to FM/shut down and supply department;
- Prepare Conceptual Study, Project feasibility studies with primary focus on piping, Project Design Basis as per Project Specifications and International Codes/standards /Guidelines such as ASME, API, MSSP, Energy Institute and PFI etc;
- Work independently on Operational issues and newly identified project opportunities;
- Prepares Project Objective statement /Gate-1. Assist Project and cost engineers in development of cost, schedule and initial project categorization etc. Procurement support for long lead items;
- Prepares a comprehensive pre feed dossier in consultation with other functional specialist engineers such as Facilities engineers, surveillance Engineers and Process Engineers;
- Administers within budgeted cost and arrive at a and pre feed referred as Gate-2 by Engineering and project Department compliance with Company PMS;
- Should consolidate the developments of in house engineering work packs. It shall encompass concept to close-out and generate a fully-referenced, auditable, and self-contained constructible work package;
- Experience in performing piping stress analysis using CAESAR II software. Ability to use good engineering sense combined with understanding of various modes piping system failures and mitigation initiatives such as composite wrapping, clamping, sealant injection in compliance with ASME PCC;
- Support National engineers/Junior engineers to develop their capabilities;
- Liaise with consultants or shareholders, represent the company to outside agencies and conduct technical presentations. Providing Piping related technical support to the all company Assets to ensure Asset Integrity;
- Design review of drawings, materials submittals, and packages. Capable of doing all necessary calculations and assessments related to Piping aspects;
- Managing the end-to-end engineering solutions related to Piping aspects. Ensuring that the designs and project drawings meet the local regulations and international standards, and safety codes;
- Capable of performing economic/financial evaluation and feasibility studies for different systems;
- Ensuring the consultants / contractors are delivering detailed designs according to the Company’s standards Requirements;
- Responsible for the support of Company Safety, environment and Quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in Management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, Management System Manual, Safety Manual and other related documents.
- BSc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Piping as Major Subject)/Piping Engineer;
- 8 years’ experience in an oil and gas environment;
- Computer literate, and competent with a variety of piping related engineering software tools.
How to apply
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Babu Harishchandra Jadhav quoting publication number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.