Responsible for the design, build, testing, validation, and ongoing support of clinical and/or revenue cycle applications. This position is responsible for obtaining the appropriate Epic certification and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the software functionality and acquiring knowledge of the clinical or revenue cycle workflows to be implemented on the system. This position is responsible for the implementation of configuration changes to the Epic system as approved by the appropriate committee. Jointly with each other and with the clinical / financial department representatives, they design a future-state workflow and build the system to support the new workflow. Application Coordinators work across interdisciplinary workgroups, to accomplish set goals as a team. Is a representative of the Information Services team and is responsible for establishing and maintaining critical business relationships with fellow Piedmont coworkers, physicians and all others who use or interact with the Epic application suite.
- Obtains and maintains Epic certification in assigned application module(s).
- Establishes and maintains critical business relationships with Piedmont co-workers, physicians and others who utilize the Epic suite of applications.
- Models and establishes collaborative and service oriented environment while enforcing standards of good service.
- Fiscal Responsibility – Models fiscally prudent behavior and ensures adherence to budgetary policies.
- Manages resources within budget parameters, and able to provide input into the budgeting process.
- Designs, builds and validates detailed Epic configuration parameters to ensure functionality and implement approved changes to the application including modifications required to achieve desired clinical / revenue cycle workflows.
- Teamwork and Customer Service – Able to effectively lead large group efforts involving people from multiple teams.
- Able to foster good decision making skills for co-workers.
- Co-Worker Development – Regularly establishes goals with co-workers. Regularly provides feedback, encouragement, or counseling to co-workers to optimize performance.
- Able to model and foster good communication skills for co-workers. Communicates Piedmont and PHC IS related information to staff.
- Communication – Able to communicate complex ideas and information using a variety of media.
- Very good written, verbal, and presentation skills at peer, customer, and leadership level.
- Group Facilitation – Effectively oversees a dynamic group of co-workers and fosters an environment that clearly defines job roles duties and expectations.
- Analysis and Problem Solving – Able to analyze multiple complex situations to create and implement solutions. Scope at department and customer department level.
- Participates in and relays business/application functionality expertise during advanced application design sessions.
- Process Adherence – Adheres to all defined organizational processes and ensures others adhere to processes. Seeks out ways to improve processes.
- Coordinates application/system issues list and works with the appropriate teams to resolve issues within the predetermined Service Level Agreement parameters.
- Decision Making – Able to make independent decisions of a complex nature. Scope at department and customer department level.
- Provides input into career development, and establishes a positive, respectful working environment
Qualification & Experience:
- Desire to improve customer value and building collegial relationships to achieve outcomes; possess qualities consistent with creativity, innovation, collaboration and critical thinking; ability to coach, mentor and empower staff; computer literate; ability to perform under stressful and changing circumstances and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or current clinical licensure in nursing, radiology, pharmacy, respiratory or related field is required. In lieu of degree or clinical licensure, four (4) years of experience in business administration, information technology or science, healthcare or related field.
- Five (5) years of healthcare or IT experience to include at least three (3) years working directly with Epic applications in a clinical or IS field relevant to the position required.
- (If no degree or licensure, a total of nine (9) years of experience required.)
- Ability to travel on an overnight basis to obtain specific training or to support go-live events in both the acute care and ambulatory environments.
- A working knowledge and subject matter expertise in the areas that must be supported is required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A