RTC-1 Employment Services
Job description / Role
Piano Teacher up to 7k Aed for a Leading Music Institute in the UAE
• Ensure the effective teaching of Music to enable students to develop their skills and knowledge, act as a professional role model to students and parents of students and contribute to the development of the institute
• Plan and prepare lessons (lesson plans) in relation to individual students’ needs and examination syllabus.
• Teach music theory, aural skills, sight reading and practical techniques to students.
• Communicate musical concepts and instructions clearly.
• Use a variety of teaching strategies, methods, tools and approaches and tailor to student’s different learning needs, learning styles and preferences.
• Demonstrate high standards of teaching thereby impacting on the learning and achievement of students and, as such, be a positive role model to students.
• Create and maintain a classroom environment where students are eager to attend lessons and practice.
• Motivate students and encourage progress.
• Build powerful, positive and trust-based relationships with students and parents of students from all backgrounds.
• Continuously assess student’s ability and provide feedback on progress to students and parents of students.
• Be available to discuss concerns and achievements.
• Continuously update professional knowledge and expertise, as appropriate, and keep up-to-date with developments in teaching practice and teaching methodology specifically in music.
• Contribute to a culture of team work that is conducive to learning and development, friendly, open to critical feedback and sharing of information.
• Actively participate in all school events including meetings, parent’s evenings, information days, concerts, recitals, workshops, school productions, school promotional events, competitions, mock examinations, etc.
• Actively participate in all internal school events including teachers band, teacher’s orchestra, teacher’s symphony, teacher’s ensemble, teacher’s performance demonstrations, teacher concerts or any other musical event.