Responsible to deliver customer service and grooming services to customer that align with our brand promise. This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks; most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Manager or the General Manager. Position is responsible for the welfare of all live animals within the department. GSM will report to the General Manager and collaborate to drive the business.
- Assists in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise according to established procedures, in order to ensure that the store is well stocked and that inventory counts are accurate.
- Ensures a positive guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives.
- Provides availability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business, which may include evenings, holidays, and weekends.
- Depending on time in role, may participate in the completion of quarterly and annual physical inventory counts.
- Assists store leadership in the opening/closing of the store as needed, to include the accurate completion of required paperwork.
- Interacts professionally in all situations, with an emphasis on company interests.
- Completes cash register transactions as well as guest carry-out service consisting of merchandise weighing up to but not exceeding 50 pounds per trip. Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- Assists in stocking and facing merchandise according to established standards.
- Ensures the health and well-being of live animals by providing the correct care in accordance with the established Petco standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs all aspects of point-of-sale service, e.g. cash sales, credit and check sales, returns and exchanges. Performs the daily balance of cash drawer as necessary.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as required to maintain the professional image and appearance of the store, to include sweeping/mopping the floors, dusting, washing the windows, facing the merchandise on the shelves, restroom maintenance, etc.
- Provides prompt and courteous service to all Petco guests by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise.
A qualified applicant to this position will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the grooming industry, and either a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is preferred. In addition, the applicant must have completed the Pet Stylists Apprentice Program or a minimum of one year’s experience grooming/styling pets under the leadership of a professional groomer and must successfully complete a personal skills evaluation by a Petco Pet Stylist or Grooming Salon Manager.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A
Popular Job Searches
- Accountant Jobs in Dubai
- Driver Jobs in Dubai
- Part Time Jobs in Dubai
- Walk in Interviews in Dubai
- Receptionist Jobs in Dubai
- Cunstomer Service Jobs in Dubai
- Online Jobs in Dubai
- Logistics Jobs in Dubai
- Data Entry Jobs in Dubai
- Sales Jobs in Dubai
- Fresher Jobs in Dubai
- Hotel Jobs in Dubai
- IT Jobs in Dubai
- Teaching Jobs in Dubai
- Store Keeper Jobs in Dubai
- Banking Jobs in Dubai
- Graphic Designer Jobs in Dubai
- Electrical Engineer Jobs in Dubai
- Computer Operator Jobs in Dubai