Société Générale Group’s services in the Middle East include Corporate and Investment Banking and Trade Finance (Securities Services).
For nearly two decades, SG Corporate and Investment Banking has been committed to supporting the Middle East’s governments, corporates, financial institutions and investors. We deliver worldwide expertise in Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets. At Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking, nearly 12,0001 professionals in more than 37 countries connect entrepreneurs, large corporates, financial institutions, governments and investors with capital markets, and provide financing, investment and risk management solutions. Across Europe, the Middle East & Africa, the Americas and Asia Pacific, we are using skill, innovation and global reach to tailor high-end solutions for our clients.
The Personal Assistant of the CEO is responsible for providing administrative support to the CEO (Executive Secretary) and to support and drive the team of Team Assistants. The future employee will also be responsible for implementing the Société Générale Group policies and procedures locally by containing compliance risk in liaison with the Compliance organization of Société Générale.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manages monthly expenses for the CEO;
- Interacts with CEO and management to understand requirements related to client meetings and interactions and find the most efficient way to organize those;
- Responds to queries from clients and head office with regards the CEO’s meetings and travel arrangements;
- Always maintain confidentiality of the CEO’s activities;
- Manages the calendar and diary for the CEO often connecting to regional high-level Assistants and to the SG head office;
- Makes travel arrangements including hotel reservations, flight bookings, conference registrations;
- Maintains highly confidential files and records;
- Generates creative solutions to work issues, trying different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities;
- Sets up systems to ensure that the CEO’s workload is correctly prioritized and only appropriate request/information reaches his desk;
- Takes minutes and centralizes agendas of specific regular meetings chaired by the CEO (e.g.: Exco);
- Can review documents on an ad hoc basis;
- Is always on the look-out to improve processes and make the CEO’s activities more organized and efficient;
- Ensures that adequate back-up is available in the support team (e.g. when other personal assistants for business lines are away/on leave);
- Exhibits a professional, calm and composed behavior;
- Responds openly and warmly when appropriate.
Studies & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Extensive experience in Administration and Senior management support ideally in the banking industry and/or in the Middle East region;
- Overall professional experience: 5+ years.
- English proficiency, both written and verbal (C1-C2);
- French and/or Arabic speaking would be an advantage.
Technical, operational & Soft skills:
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks;
- Responsibility and people management skills;
- Works effectively with the rest of the platform to accomplish organizational goals;
- Taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others;
- Contributing to and accepting the consensus;
- Subordinating own objectives to the objectives of the organization or team.
- Proactive rather than passive;
- Takes action to achieve beyond what is required.
- Planning & Organizing: Establishes a course of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently;
- Good command of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Team Spirit;
- Communication skills & proactive attitude;
- Attention to details.
Why join us
Société Générale Middle East is a multi-category bank offering every employee the possibility to have several careers in a professional career path. Internal mobility and training are two core areas we focus on, in a dynamic, prosperous and evolving context.
At Société Générale, we are convinced that people are drivers of change, and that the world of tomorrow will be shaped by all their initiatives, from the smallest to the most ambitious.
Whether you’re joining us for a period of months, years or your entire career, together we can have a positive impact on the future. Creating, daring, innovating and taking action are part of our DNA.
If you too want to be directly involved, grow in a stimulating and caring environment, feel useful on a daily basis and develop or strengthen your expertise, you will feel right at home with us!
You should know that our employees can dedicate several days per year to solidarity actions during their working hours, including sponsoring people struggling with their orientation or professional integration, participating in the financial education of young apprentices, and sharing their skills with charities. There are many ways to get involved.