A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
Job description / Role
The PA to the Head of School works as part of an administration team to provide clerical and administrative support, primarily to the Head Teacher, but also, by extension, to the School as a whole. They are responsible for the coordination and implementation of office procedures relating to School.
• To act as an assistant to the Head Teacher.
• To lead the clerical team in ensuring that the required secretarial/clerical work is provided to the Head Teacher on a day to day basis.
• To display a high level of professionalism and diplomacy, observing full confidentiality, when dealing with the public, students, staff, parents.
• To provide translations of documents and meetings between Arabic and English as required.
• Communicates with the public, using discretion and judgment, answering questions if possible otherwise directing individuals to the appropriate administrator or other staff who will answer questions and address concerns.
• With direction from the Head Teacher, may compose a variety of materials such as letters, memoranda, bulletins, requisitions, claims, reports, and statistical data from rough drafts or oral instructions.
• Arranges and supervises the copying and distribution of primary school letters and other notes home.
• With direction from the Head Teacher, maintains and coordinates multiple calendars to include the school activities and events calendar and the school facilities use calendar.
• May be asked to attend meetings and act as recorder for faculty meetings, preparing and distributing reports for actions taken and assignments made.
• Works efficiently with a service-oriented attitude under stressful situations with constant interruption.
• Maintains a record of staff absence, including issuing, collecting and filing leave application and absence record forms; keeps the accounts department up to date with information.
• Maintaining students’ files and updates with reports, letters and other paperwork as appropriate.
• Takes messages and arranges appointments for teachers with parents as needed.
• Under the guidance of the Head Teacher, maintains and updates records which relate to both pupils and staff members.
• Invites applicants for interview at the direction of the Head Teacher.
• Other duties as directed by Head Teacher.