About the role:
An exciting opportunity to join the Qatar Airways Group in our Catering Services team. In this role you are expected to support the development of the Catering Services wine and beverages offering, understanding the supply and distribution needs to ensure at all times that all wine and beverages are available, while working in collaboration with the Qatar Airways’ chosen wine consultant. This role is also expected to Coach and manage members of the Catering Services Team supporting the Equipment and Logistics section to deliver accurate forecasting, purchasing, budgeting and logistical approaches and methodologies to ensure best value provisioning and delivery network-wide.
This role will closely monitor and manage the performance of the chosen vendors, ensuring best value from our contracted partners.
Furthermore, this role plays a key role to
- Support and make recommendations for trade-off decisions required to balance risk and cost of supply.
- Develop Strategy to maintain the right stock of wine and beverage, packaged snack & chocolates.
- Plan and introduce new stock items (equipment’s and F&B product), including the timely withdrawal and disposal of obsolete stock.
- Support the management of all wine and beverage items and for reduction in consumption of all items coupled with increased recycling.
- Work with PDD and across Catering Services on the development / specification of new products, carrying out trials and providing user feedback to assist with the decision making process.
- Support any procurement processes – technical evaluation as deemed appropriate.
- Support Marketing working in conjunction with Qatar Airways’ Catering, Product Development & Marketing departments and also the Service Providers.
- Manage and control the wine and beverages budget within Catering Services. Including write-off and storage charges in DOH and overseas and logistics costs for all deliveries.
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision. Ensures managers carryout their responsibilities in this regard.
- Ensures risk assessments are carried out and documented for all new equipment parts as part of their introduction to service.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
You should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years of job-related experience. It is highly beneficial if you have worked in a large multi-cultural environment at a senior level with experience in logistics, equipment and supplier management globally.
It is preferred if you have:
- Project Management / Lean Management Certification.
- Masters in Business Management or a qualification in Wine Sourcing or related field.
- Experience of leading and developing a team.
About Qatar Airways Group:
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.