Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it’s our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn’t create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals – and beyond. It’s an exciting journey we’re on, and one you could be part of.
In our endeavour to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced HRBP, with extensive experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment. You will be responsible for helping ensure operational excellence within our warehouse environment. You will be working closely with the Head of Logistics to provide: operational HR support, strategic advice, guidance and best practice solutions, in line with Group HR policies and principles, whilst also creating bespoke initiatives to enhance the employee experience and support the achievement of our Logistics Transformation strategy.
This is a role that combines operational and strategic responsibilities, requiring a solid HR and operational background in addition to sound commercial exposure and mindset to successfully partner with and influence all areas of the business.
– Define, develop and implement a “People” vision to support our ambitious Logistics Transformation strategy.
– Review logistics operating model and workforce planning approaches to ensure optimal organisational structures are in place to support future focus, growth, scalability and employee satisfaction.
– Work with the team to consider competitor and industry approaches and translate these insights into roadmaps that define the employee experience, reveal gaps and pain points, and identify key opportunities for business enhancements and innovation.
– Provide guidance and recommendations on the most complex issues, supporting our team in all related people areas including recruitment, attendance, performance management, succession planning, retention, talent development, compensation and rewards, employee relations, and employee engagement.
– Provide clear and inspirational leadership to motivate and develop the team to deliver high quality, customer – centred services.
– Be an active, visible and effective member of the Logistics Leadership Team, driving People and Culture transformation.
– Act as a change agent by looking for new ways to improve the employee experience, work environment and define our employee value proposition.
– Continually assess our existing policies, procedures, and programs and put forward recommendations to improve efficiencies and employee satisfaction.
– Continually enhance Logistics onboarding/ offboarding, training and development programs to improve the depth and breadth of the team’s skills set and to raise awareness around behavioural, technical competencies required.
– Work with the Group’s Talent Acquisition team to ensure internal and external recruiting strategies result in relevant, high calibre candidates being identified.
– Work closely with Group HR to implement a continuous performance culture, supported by new approaches and performance platforms.
– Work with Group Talent Development to identify high performing team members, conduct succession planning activities and educate around potential career paths to encourage internal growth.
– Encourage a “growth mindset” amongst team members by collaborating with our Learning team to assess training needs so relevant and inspiring training and development programmes can be put in place.
– Use all available HR data to ensure HR analytics supports all reporting, action planning and decision making and put forward recommendation for change.
– Act as a coach and mentor for stakeholders and employees.
– As part of our cultural transformation, provide advice and guidance to leaders and managers around how to act as role models to create a positive and inspiring team climate. Raise awareness amongst employees around how to raise concerns and close off all employee grievances.
– Champion Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, with a key focus on gender diversity, culture change, nationalisation and employee wellbeing.
– Develop key performance indicators to help identify progress and improvements made on employee engagement.
– Support with effective employee communication strategies, using sources relevant for fulfilment team members.
– Manage manpower planning activities with the Head of Logistics and ensure vacancies are managed in line with the approved budget and executed as per the correct recruitment process.
– Participate in the recruitment process through assessment centres or competency-based interviews