Job description / Role
We are looking for an expert Pediatric Surgeon to be responsible for the diagnosis, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of surgical problems in infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The Pediatric Surgeon is knowledgeable on the surgical repair of birth defects, surgical techniques specific to each stage of child development, and the treatment of traumas in children.
To be a successful Pediatric Surgeon:
You should have a high level of accuracy in pediatric surgeries and an expert knowledge of surgical techniques. You should be dedicated, caring, and compassionate with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Pediatric Surgeon Responsibilities:
• Examining young patients and diagnosing health issues for surgery.
• Ordering preoperative tests and physical examinations and interpreting results.
• Consulting with patients and family members regarding diagnosis and treatment options.
• Comforting young patients before operations.
• Performing surgical procedures to correct deformations, congenital problems, injuries, or treat illnesses.
• Monitoring postoperative recovery and educating family members regarding postoperative care.
• Collaborating and cooperating with all the specialists involved in a child’s medical care to determine when or if surgery is an appropriate treatment option.