Under the direction of the Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources Generalist will drive results for all human resource efforts for assigned store regions/districts. The HRG participates in the development of human resource policies and programs including employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation and other functions. He/ She will provide coaching and counselling to management and employees in order to enhance individual contributions. He/ she will provide HR support to various departments in the organization. It is essential that he/ she is able to work independently and make sound HR related decisions.
- Investigates, analyzes, and makes appropriate recommendations regarding complex employee relations issues filed internally, exercising influence appropriately.
- Provides coaching, counsel, and direction to Associates, Store Managers, District Managers, and Regional Managers across the US to ensure fair employment practices and compliance with employment legislation.
- Ensures fair treatment for all associates at all levels.
- Actively monitors case load volumes to ensure effective response and resolution
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counselling managers and employees.
- Ensures that we are in compliance with the Company’s policies as well as Federal and State laws.
- Develops an effective partnership with retail leadership teams through consultation on human resources strategic and operational issues as it relates to the strategic business plan.
- Assists in managing projects that help to proactively improve the positive workplace in all our stores.
- Assists management to leverage talent among work groups.
- Uses critical thinking to effectively solve human resource issues; provide conflict resolution when required.
- Collaborates with management and employees to identify and resolve issues achieving a balance between business’ needs and employee needs.
- Specialized training in recruitment, and employee relations preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Experience supporting the retail industry preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with California employment law required
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A