BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for assisting the Stationery Packaging Engineer in developing primary and secondary packaging along with primary packaging for bonus packs, club packs and customer retail ready packaging samples. The Packaging Engineer responsibilities will include the following:
- Samples from suppliers
- NISTs- New Item Bill of Material Setup
- Check and balance for the Everyday Stationery Engineer
- JDE Weights and Dimensions, Packaging Instructions
- BIC Flow – Create and upload structural packaging specification
The Packaging Engineer’s goal is to develop their knowledge and skills to be responsible for the following Stationery primary packaging:
- Club Packs (trapped blisters, clamshells, mock clams, shrink wraps)
- Bonus Packs (face seal blisters, pouches)
- Custom Primary Packs (packed in displays only)
Reporting to the Stationery Packaging Engineer, the Packaging Engineer is responsible for providing packaging options that meet the requirements of our customers. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry planning and executing projects from conception thru to commercialization, working cross functionally with different internal departments (Customer Marketing, Brand Design, Sales, etc.).
Among the more specific aspects of the position are the following:
- Manage multiple packaging projects, package development, value analysis, and cost savings initiatives.
- Packaging specification development for all channels.
- Develop and implement packaging concepts by interfacing with Marketing, Sales, Trade Marketing, Supply Chain/Operations and suppliers.
- Manage all aspects of third party-supplier relationships including assigning bills of material and reducing packaging costs.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively to manage projects with Brand Managers, Product Development, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Suppliers, and global counterparts.
- Hold discussions during product team meetings; communicate technical issues and details to the project team and management.
- Must be able to work across the full management environment including working with BIC senior management
- Requires a strong level of business knowledge, experience, skill and ability for the consumer products industry. This requires the same high degree of working knowledge of:
- Packaging equipment and material systems
- Software packages, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD, TOPS and Adobe Illustrator
- Project Management related skills and techniques such as:
- Communication – oral and written
- Decision making and problem solving
- Negotiation skills
- Group presentations and/or leading meetings
- Supplier/vendor management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Business Partnering: proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal/external customers, peers and effectively managing those relationships
- Requires high level of original, independent and innovative thinking applied to complex projects, goals and objectives; a high level of ability to develop methods, procedures, techniques and ideas in new, undefined and rapidly changing situations
- A degree of ability to facilitate problem solving and decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required. Preferably in Packaging Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 1-3 years of packaging development and commercialization experience in CPG environment
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment.
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Strategic and tactical decision-making ability using sound scientific principles and data
- Demonstrated ability to direct suppliers through design, development and improvement projects
- Self-starter, proactive and career focused with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop and nurture cross-functional relationships
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.