Aldar Education is currently seeking a PA to SLT for Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School in Abu Dhabi for the next Academic Year 2021 – 2022.
In September 2021, ABO will be starting its 3rd year of opening. ABO follows the US Curriculum and is a large and thriving Charter School, with @ 1500 students, from KG1 (FS2) to Grade 4(Year 5). The ABO aim is to be a collaborative, student centred school, to constantly develop staff, to develop stakeholder voice and to keep evolving in our practice, so demonstrating a change agent attitude.
Successful candidates will have a ‘can do’ attitude, as life in a Charter School can be challenging at times, but equally highly rewarding, as our impact upon student learning is clearly visible every day. A sense of humour is vital too!
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
- Ensuring that administrative and clerical tasks are undertaken in accordance with agreed policies, procedures and appropriate legislation; line managing the school-based admin team accordingly
- Arranging SLT’s appointments, meetings and interviews. Prepares visual aids and refreshments.
- Preparing agendas and processing minutes of meetings at the direction of the SLT
- Receiving visitors, monitoring and responding to telephone calls/fax messages, enquiries and dealing with mail
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate filing and record systems
- Assuming responsibility for administrative arrangements for any school events at the direction of the SLT
- Liaising with teaching and non-teaching staff and respond to enquiries on matters within the post-holder’s responsibility
- Attending any necessary training associated with the duties of the post
- Taking dictation and transcribes material from shorthand.
- Accepting office and school supplies
- Preparing requisitions, raising PR, maintaining and distributing office stationery and supplies.
- Communicating to external suppliers for the requested supplies and dealing with finance team for payment
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibility of the post
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years working experience as Executive Assistant or Executive Secretary
- Previous experience in the Education sector is preferable.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skill
- Arabic speaker is preferable with fluent English communication skills, written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills to aid in daily contact with parents in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Excellent office management skills
- Proficient in operating PC, Facsimile, Photocopier, Telex and various office machines, including working knowledge of prevailing popular application software and spreadsheets.
- Ability to type in English and take shorthand at the required Company rates.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves. Aldar Education are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Primary Location: UAE-Abu Dhabi
Organization: Abdulla Bin Otaiba Charter School
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: May 27, 2021, 4:27:57 AM