This is a unique opportunity to join the Darling Downs team based on site at the power station. Working closely with a broad range of stakeholders onsite and across Generation.
- Providing training and familiarisation of chemical and water processing facilities.
- Assisting with Plant Operations
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Occupational Health, safety and Environment legislation, codes of practice, standards, policies, operating procedures and work instructions and be actively involved in Origin Energy Health, Safety and Environment Systems and Procedures.
- Providing expert chemistry advice and support the site team.
- Co-ordinating the environmental monitoring and reporting for the Power Station.
- Co-ordinating the site Hazardous Materials, SDS register and dangerous goods register for the Power Station.
- Providing chemistry leadership associated with chemical plant modifications and upgrades.
- Managing the procurement and distribution of all chemicals.
- Managing the steam and water cycle chemistry and chemical programs associated with all aspects of the Power Station including Reverse Osmosis water treatment plants and waste water treatment.
- Ensuring sound communication and positive working relationships with all stakeholders across the business and externally.
- Care and preventative maintenance of the laboratory and field equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Operation, maintenance and optimisation of water treatment and waste water treatment plants.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Forklift License.
- Implementation and optimisation of boiler and chemical dosing, sampling and monitoring regimes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Company: Origin Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gold Coast, AU
Application Deadline: N/A