We are on the lookout for our next Senior Plant Technician to join the team at Roma Power Station in a permanent capacity. The role is part of a small multi-skilled team operating in a dynamic environment and closely with centralised maintenance planning and projects, engineering and compliance teams.
The roles key purpose is to facilitate the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the Roma Power Station, in order to deliver flexible, reliable and cost effective power generation for our Customers.
- Recommending changes to work activities (e.g. activity frequency, work breakdown requirements, work planning).
- Providing callout support outside of normal working hours.
- The continuous application of HSEC systems including Generation Permit to Work and Isolation, Lock and Tag Procedures, HV Procedures Manual, Gas Safety Procedure and Incident Reporting and Management.
- As an Authorised Permit Issuer, planning, preparing, issuing and coordinating Work Permit activities.
- Identifying and rectifying faults including taking ownership of fault-finding activities and recommending and implementing solutions.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members in own areas of expertise.
- Performing detailed investigation of plant incidents and issues, including writing reports and making recommendations.
- Engaging and coordinate contractors performing specialist work.
- Performing inspections, preventative, planned, unplanned and corrective maintenance, calibrations and repairs.
- Recommending, developing and implementing plant improvements.
- Effectively managing, promoting, and using the Generation Work Management System.
- Providing coverage for site’s Plant Manager as required.
- Supporting and maintaining compliance with site’s Regulatory and Statutory requirements.
- Performing project and outage management and coordination – from inception through to completion.
- Collecting, recording, and maintaining plant operating and maintenance data.
- Effectively managing stores system and stores inventory.
- Participating as agreed with the site team, to be on call after hours to address any emergency issues that cannot wait until the next working day.
- Operating plant in a safe and reliable manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- Intermediate or greater experience in computerised enterprise Work Management Systems (Oracle, Ellipse, SAP).
- Open cycle gas turbine technical maintenance training preferred.
- Good communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills including active listening skills.
- Intermediate skills with SCADA/DCS.
- Demonstrated planning and organising skills.
- Trade Certificate in Electrical and/or Instrumentation and Control.
- Intermediate or greater level skills with MS Office software.
- Ability to foster and support an inclusive team environment preferred.
Company: Origin Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Warrnambool, AU
Application Deadline: N/A