Expeditors International of WA, Inc., is a leader in the logistics industry and has opportunities for motivated team players who have the following characteristics: high energy level, ability to learn new ideas quickly, outstanding work ethics, well developed multitasking skills, and proven customer service skills. We are looking for a highly motivated person who can thrive in a fast-paced, professional, and dynamic work environment.
To ensure that OM customers are well transitioned and served by the destination or managing branch; to ensure that the right data is entered in the right place at the right time. Our systems must reflect reality in that they must show the true location of the freight and associated POs.
· Develop department personnel. Show them a career, not just a job.
· Ensure all staff receive 1 annual review and 3 1:1’s per year.
· Develop solid #2 to run operations and assist in retention.
· Ensure and assist supervisors and key staff with goal setting and monitoring.
· Conduct regular interviews with potential new personnel.
· Plan for and hold effective fortnightly department meetings with team.
· Review department goals and business plan periodically with staff to ensure by-in and accountability.
· Meet company standard of 52 hours training per year, including management/leadership training as needed.
· Oversee the management of the branch OM department.
· Proactively monitor OM reports such as, PO status reports, Open Orders Reports, OM or Not reports, container loadability report, and landed cost report (as appropriate) to ensure 100% data integrity and timeliness as specified in the OPS manual, Audit criteria and customer OM DLSOP.
· Proactively monitor exception reports and dashboards to ensure Expeditors is meeting key event milestones within the life of a shipment.
· Manage implementation and ensure compliance to “Standard Operating Procedures” for the client. Also, coordinate and manage SOP revisions and send updates to origins.
· Assist operations team, when needed, in providing operational knowledge, system demos and support on technical capabilities.
· Define OM and other opportunities with the current customer(s).
· Ensure that current and new business is set up and maintained in the most operationally efficient and productive manner.
· Have a fundamental understanding of Expeditors operational systems, including ETMS
· Be responsible for the training and development of OM staff within the branch
· Actively develop business for department through active involvement in sales and retention process and close coordination with sales department, as per company and branch’s objectives.
· Complete 5 Sales and/or Retention Calls per week and ensure they are documented in the CRM.
· Ensure Customer Reviews and scorecards are completed with your customers.
· Pro-actively provide pricing alternatives, routing solutions and technical assistance to clients through internal sales both regional and global.
· Respond to requests for proposal, quotation or information timely and with market competitive pricing matching the scope of service required by the customer.
· Take an active role in the transition of new business / updates to existing business.
· Maintain a good relationship with the customer at all levels (agents, management, and decision maker).
· Responsible for identifying and defining realistic service needs and measurements
· Responsible for maintaining the agreed upon scope of services
· Keep customers abreast of the latest developments in market related to port strikes, embargo, port congestions, regulatory and legal provisions.
· Responsible for advising customers of new system enhancements, technology, and other value added services OM has launched.
· Responsible for retention and development of OM accounts.
· Ensure that productivity and profitability goals for the OM department are met.
· Make sure billing process is completed on-time
· Assist District Manager with preparation of annual department budget.
· Meet monthly with District Manager to review department financial P&L and productivity results and goals.
· Attend Accounts Receivable meetings and proactively work to maintain invoice payment within 30 days.
· Ensure company credit procedures are followed and utilized effectively.
· Manage accounts payable to vendors (airlines, truckers etc.) utilizing BNP.
· Manage intercompany accounting discrepancies via AJAX report.
· Review Daily Branch Revenue report (Daily).
· Ensure any contracts, vendor, customer or other, are reviewed in accordance with company contract policies prior to being signed.
· Follow company capex procedure for the purchasing of any equipment for your staff or department.
· Utilize TOP 20 ACCOUNTS and CLIENT REVENUE reports to continually evaluate the development of your department client base, the revenue distribution amounts and % of top clients, and work towards goal of balanced customer base (no more than 10% revenue per single customer)
· Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and in being the role model of integrity and pride for all employees.
· Proactively communicate with the team to ensure continuous awareness and understanding of policies and regulations.
· Maintain a positive relationship with the Trade Compliance Manager and support all compliance efforts and trainings.
· Proactively promote the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
· Ensure department is using all system tools to their greatest advantage based on your department size and organization. (e.g. using edoc and, workflows, import database, and other system generated reports to manage by exception)
· Be open to implementing new system changes and enhancements in your branch.
· Be involved and suggest system/process improvements.
· Set the tone of this environment within your branch.
Expeditors company policies and procedures knowledge
A good understanding of Expeditors’ products, services and systems
Strong market and competition knowledge
Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.).
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
A proven history of providing exceptional customer service at all levels.
Excellent organizational skills, time management skills in addition to a professional manner
Proven negotiation skills
- Emotional resilience
- Self-reflecting and open to feedback
- Initiative and ability to work in autonomy
- Role model of integrity and pride for all employees
- Proven leadership attitude and background
Meet company standards of 52 hours training per year, including as needed management/leadership training
Education and Experience:
4 + years of industry specific qualification (country specific)
Expeditors offers competitive benefits, including:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Various Optional Life and Disability Plans
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Education Program
- *Benefit eligibility criteria must be met to enroll
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.