Big Fish Recruitment
Job description / Role
BigFish Recruitment are a Dubai based recruitment and HR consultancy company. On behalf of our client, who has been appointed as the HR Services and Staffing provider to a European Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai, we are seeking talented individuals to work in the Pavilion at the Dubai EXPO 2020 event. Visitors to the Pavilion will be provided with an interactive, high tech visitor experience.
We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to work at the event. The Pavilion Operations Manager will report to the Senior Leadership Team. As Pavilion Operations Manager, you will be a skilled and inspiring leader of teams. You will plan and oversee all aspects of the daily Pavilion Operations to the highest standards ensuring all visitors have an engaging, comfortable and memorable visit.
You will use your skills and expertise to lead teams by example and be proactive and responsible at all times. This role carries significant accountability and you will organise, coordinate and ensure that the daily operations of the pavilion run smoothly using a motivated workforce to deliver outstanding results.
Shifts to cover site operations between 9.00am to 1.00am – 7 days a week. Typical shift timings will be 9.00am to 5.00pm or 4.30pm to 01.00am, either 4 or 5 days a week dependent on the rosters. Weekend work will be required
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Motivate and inspire your teams by anticipating all needs and requirements
• Provide and model outstanding customer service to all stakeholders including visitors, clients and colleagues at all times.
• Produce regular operational update reports, both in writing and verbally to the Pavilion Senior Leadership Team
• Act as liaison between the Pavilion and the local Expo staff (e.g. security) to ensure smooth and efficient running of operations.
• Directly manage the relevant operational team leaders to ensure all staff fulfil their duties efficiently against objectives and behaviours required
• Liaise with the operations staff, maintenance and contracted staff to ensure the continuous running of the Pavilion.
• Check and maintain various operating testing procedures such as safety checks, maintenance checks, staff schedules and rosters to ensure continuous smooth operations and eliminate any issues before they arise.
• Offer additional cover for the Pavilion Media Officer and Protocol Officer if required. For example, late night media and protocol visits to the Pavilion.
• Host visits as requested.
• Work closely with the HR Manager to ensure all staff follow agreed HR procedures.
• Responsible for the opening up and closing down of the Pavilion each day ensuring all procedures are followed.
• Take care of personal and departmental well-being ensuring all staff adhere to staff policies as laid out in the staff handbook.
• Perform duties whilst adhering to Expo 2020 Covid-19 guidelines and SOPs as instructed during the training and as laid out in the staff handbook
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.