Marriott International, Inc
Job Number 21112355
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Brand St. Regis Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
- Plays a significant role in maximizing financial performance and attracting hotel and non-hotel guests by understanding the local market and partnering with the culinary leadership to effectively position Buddha Bar Beach.
- Supervises daily restaurant operations and assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists servers and hosts on the floor during peak meal periods. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction.
- Determines training needed to accomplish goals, then implements plan.
- Ensures that the venue is managed efficiently according to the concept statement, providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times
1 year experience as Operations Manger in a Large F&B Operations.
Taking an Entrepreneurial Approach to Driving Buddha Bar Beach Business
- Understands financial opportunities by surveying restaurant demand.
- Partners with key individuals in the local community to assess opportunities.
- Identifies and analyses competitors.
- Controls purchases and inventory by negotiating prices and contracts, developing preferred supplier lists, reviewing and evaluating usage reports, and taking corrective action.
- Applies sound revenue management strategies to secure the right level of business at the most optimal time to yield maximum revenues.
Leading Significant Marketing/Public Relations/Media Activities
- Oversees the restaurant marketing plan in partnership with the Hotel General Manager, the Hotel Marketing team and the Executive Chef.
- Supports on-site/off-site public relations opportunities to promote the restaurant.
- Creates and executes against the restaurant-related social media posts and public event communications, monitors social media activity, responds to comments, analyses posts/trends, and corrects deficiencies.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for restaurant events.
- Participates in local networking activities, which are often off-property, in support of the restaurant.
Managing Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
- Ensures that the venue is managed efficiently according to the concept statement, providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times.
- Supervises and manages employees.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
- Conducts daily “taste panels” to educate, drive sales and create sales goals.
- Monitors appropriateness of ambiance/atmosphere (e.g., lighting, music, table-top, etc.) restaurant concept, positioning, time of day, etc.
- Monitors compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Monitors adherence to liquor control policies and procedures.
- Maintains and monitors all collateral, menus and guest touch points such that all are pristine and free of tears, stains and noticeable wear and tear.
- Monitors alcohol beverage service for compliance with local laws.
- Monitors compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures, including food handling and sanitation standards.
- Assists servers and hosts on the floor during meal periods and high demand times.
- Advocates sound financial/business decision making.
- Manages day-to-day operations so that customer expectations of quality and standards are met on a daily basis.
- Recognizes good quality products and presentations.
- Supervises daily shift operations in absence of Assistant Restaurant Manager.
- Oversees the financial aspects of the department including purchasing and payment of invoices.
Fostering an Environment that Creates Exciting and Memorable Guest Experiences
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality by exemplifying excellent customer service and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Acts as the guest service role model for the restaurants.
- Addresses guest problems and complaints.
- Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Verifies corrective action is taken to continuously improve service results.
- Manages service delivery in outlets to ensure excellent service from point of entry to departure (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfilment of special requests, collection of payment & invitation to return).
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource and Talent Management Activities
- Actively participates in the hiring process to identify the right talent to support the outlet’s concept.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Facilitates the fair and equal treatment of employees.
- Strives to improve employee retention.
- Monitors employee attendance of on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Encourages recognition of employees across areas of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and encourages employees do the same within the team.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and the work.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others.
- Demonstrates honesty/integrity and models appropriate behaviours by leading by example and serving as a role model.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish own work.
- Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Manages staffing levels to meet guest service standards, operational needs, guest service, and financial objectives.
- Provides work-related training, supervising, follow-up and hands-on management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.