Job description / Role
Amazon Payment Services (Payfort International FZ LLC) is an Amazon subsidiary, established in 2013, a regional expert in payment processing technology and solutions across major markets in the GCC and Levant countries. Amazon Payment Services is present in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Oman, Kuwait and Qatar, focused to build a robust execution and management process for driving the best payment experience on & off Amazon.
We are in search of highly motivated and ready to solve merchant issues Operations Manager to join our Business Operations team. Together we will be solving complex business problems with strategic impact for a wast population of our merchants in all 8 markets. We are obsessed with improving merchant experience (MX) and driving operational excellence (OX) in alignment with Amazons customer obsession philosophy.
Operations Managers provide onboarding and post-go live support across all merchants. They also independently work with multiple teams and stakeholders to manage and execute critical, cross-functional projects, delivering high quality results impacting P0 goals of the company. This can be achieved by not only owning small and medium projects and working with key stakeholders but also working hand in hand with merchants and internal customers, incorporating the Voice of Customers and supporting transaction processing capabilities. Their responsibilities include 24 x 7 on-call duty to manage incident/sev1-2 related support by coordinating with different stakeholders to unblock issues.
• The ideal candidate should have a background in e-commerce and online payments, finance or banking industry.
• The role will benefit working in a multi-cultural environment and maintain effective relationship with co-workers and other business partners.
• Working in dynamic environment, your role will be focused on activating new accounts and services, along with managing their performance post activation, supporting the merchants with constant strive to improve Payment Success Ratio.
• You also need to possess strong relationship-building skills and be able to explore win-win opportunities with partners/merchants.
• To be successful in this role you must have superior analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
• Operating in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment, working autonomously and taking full control & responsibility for achieving business objectives
Key Responsibilities include:
• Merchant Onboarding: participate in the new merchants onboarding by ensuring newly activated merchants are being able to successfully transact with Amazon Payment Services and their journey is smooth and efficient. It requires following steps and instructions as per the guidelines of the standard operating procedures (SOPs) to activate production accounts & additional services.
• Provide status reports, analytical insights and be the focal point and the center of knowledge for the onboarding process.
Merchant Training and support:
• Communicate with merchants by training them on key functionalities and know-how of Amazon Payment Services back office and transaction flow
• Provide timely and clear response to merchant queries and concerns.
• Manage real-time support, communication, escalation, reporting, and root cause analysis of onboarding issues that impact the merchant experience.
• Operational Support: work independently and handle operational cases of all severities on their own.
• They can clarify the merchant’s needs, determine if there is a problem, evaluate their impact or technical risks, and manage their expectations for the resolution.
• They know how to propose a workaround solution during times of crisis and recover transactions while still working on the end to end solution.
• They escalate when issues become critical or complex. They engage with SDE, RM, BDM, TPM, Solution Architect, Infosec and other internal stakeholders. They perform on-call, arrange onsite support and coordinate critical conference calls.
• They learn new technologies as they emerge.
• They leverage deep knowledge to provide guidance towards the automation/improvements of merchant risk evaluation.
• User acceptance tests (UAT): require subject matter expertise to participate in all new releases and features launched on the payment gateway by conducting user acceptance testing (UAT) and highlighting all the concerning aspects of the release.
• Additionally, Operations managers are expected to support tech team during the launch of the feature by testing the functionality, identifying the issues (if any) and effectively communicating them internally and externally, if required.
• Operational relationship/ stakeholder management with partners: manage working relationship with consistent engagement with their partner counterparts and raises escalations whenever needed to make sure our merchant issues are timely addressed.
• Incident management: ensure clear and effective process for an incident management in close alignment with the monitoring process to achieve ultimate goal of maintaining and increasing merchant & customer experience related to payments through the early response, recovery (short-term fix) and resolution (long-term fix).