Exeed Building Supplies
Job description / Role
The Operations Manager oversees all relevant matters pertaining to operations of the companies.
He/she will provide effective management related to operations ensuring the efficient planning and daily execution of the operations, managers, staff and workers to ensure that optimum standards are achieved and value for money is ensured. Managing the operations effectively and profitably, in line with the business strategy and vision of Exeed Litecrete and Exeed Premium Dry Mortar.
1. Establishes market objectives and elaborates business plans to develop new opportunities and revenue streams for the company’s products.
2. Manages the production and sales functions.
3. Develops and maintains links, alliances and partnerships within the local community to promote the company’s image.
4. Gathers industry intelligence, monitors trends/methodologies used by competitors, architects, developers and contractors.
5. Conducts problem analysis for existing and new marketing directions with appropriate risk analysis.
6. Interacts with executive management to ensure viability and acceptance of sales & marketing initiatives.
7. Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
8. Directs Sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
9. Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
10. Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
11. Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
12. Supports sales team members as and when required. (consultant meetings etc).
13. Leading team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues.
14. Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline employees
15. Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
16. Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
17. Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyse variances.
18. Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
19. Analyse process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
20. Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
21. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
22. Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
23. Responsible for all department managers and supervisors, with review/approval responsibility for all operations employees
24. Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
25. Establish contracts and pricing and ensuring proper maintenance and serving as primary liaison with utilities and local government agencies, such as fire, police, health and safety agencies
26. Manage relationships with key operations vendors
27. Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site or in factory.
28. Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
29. Work closely with GM and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
30. Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
31. Work closely with the inventory manager and team to perform analysis of our inventory and ensure we are utilizing our inventory effectively, purchasing the right equipment, maintaining solid inventory data and reduce sub-rental expenses
32. Communicate with safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations.