The Fibre and Network Delivery business unit is responsible for the delivery of all network build programmes and contracts across Openreach, playing an essential role in building Britain’s connected future. This team builds the infrastructure that our CPs serve their customers from, that the Government looks to invest in (BDUK, SEP, Universal Broadband Coverage heavily covered in all major party manifestos) and that the UK relies on, as well as delivers business and customer contracts on a daily basis. The unit also delivers and maintains fibre based Ethernet and Dark Fibre services to public (schools, hospital, and defence), CP fixed and mobile networks and large corporate customers everywhere across the UK.
- Leading a team of project and programme managers (and consultants) on the deliviery of complex change projects from design through build, deployment, handing into sustain through quarterly sprint cycles with the change being considered as BAU.
- Orchestrate the change portfolio, so that risk to operational performance is managed and ensure change is successfully delivered – this is critical as otherwise could lead to major operational issues incl a drop in build rate, increased build costs
- Ensuring the team have and own a robust deployment plan, considering wider FND, supply chain and external factors, to ensure successful rollout of the change, across large proportions of the FND workforce.
- Accountable for leading and managing the delivery and adoption of strategic change to upscale Network Build fibre build capacity and delivering efficiencies.
- Drives knowledge sharing and improvements to our change methodology by ensuring the teams complete post implementation reviews.
- Taking personal responsibility for key stakeholders at a senior level on behalf of the projects; working closely with the operational sponsors / senior leadership to manage the relationships; co-ordinating the activities of the matrixes teams to mobilise the programme.
- Embed a BI way of working at all levels of Network Build that delivers sustainable and continual improvement.
- Accountable for ensuring all business cases and the design of solutions are translated into actionable delivery plans, ensuring collaboration with the discovery arm to secure successful business case sign off.
- Accountable for the teams risk management, delivering to time, budget and quality.
- Provide leadership for effective agile business improvement design and deployment through having a senior position and credibility, and demonstrating a clear business case.
- Ensure the team meets the change deployment principles and hands over sustainability through engagement and partnership working with operational, customer and partners change teams.
- Sound understanding of the business environment and strategy internally and externally
- Recognised authority across the organisation in specific business improvement discipline.
- Highly analytical and structured approach with first class critical thinking.
- Agile Business Improvement, Quality systems/tools and techniques design and implementation
- Exceptional leadership ability to lead a skilled delivery team
- The ability to test / challenge current thinking and implement new approaches, practices/policies.
- Programme leadership
- Business Process Management, design and implementation
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to translate complex analytical statements into credible and stimulating presentations.
- Able to challenge, influence, negotiate and innovate at the very highest level – and rapidly build trust with the MD and executive team
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Plymouth, GB
Application Deadline: N/A